“Clean and great location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater AP
Ranked #28 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice clean hotel near airport and all main highways. Great for business and families alike. Friendly staff and very accomadating. Near many restaurants from fast food to fine dining. Have stayed at this hotel several times and have not been disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 August 2014

So the night has just begun. So far, very disappointed in this "newly renovated" La Quinta. I have had excellent experience with La Quinta's in the past, I always recommend them whenever people need a hotel. After this experiences, I'm going to hesitate in the future. First off, I need a microscope to see the so called "pillow top" on these mattresses. They are the most uncomfortable hotel mattresses I've ever experienced, and I've stayed in some minus 1 star hotels before. The staff is very pleasant here, but when I went down to get extra pillows to help me sleep the night on these horrible mattresses, I was told they just ran out. I am now having to sleep on a horrendous mattress with too few pillows, because this run down hotel doesn't have enough pillows for their customers. I will update this in the morning once I check out. Wish me luck!

***going down to the lobby is a nerve racking experience, never knowing if the elevator is going to break down with me in it
***on third floor, killing bugs, what is going on here?
***one plug by the bed. Guess we're living in the Middle Ages tonight
***mold in the bathroom

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Ledzeplin543
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We chose this hotel because we were allowed to leave the car at the hotel free of charge for up to fourteen days. The hotel was fine, the transportation to and from the airport was flawless, and the hotel personnel were very helpful and efficient. The complimentary breakfast was delicious......coffee, juices, cereals, milk, yogurt, fruit, boiled eggs, and even make-it-yourself waffles. I recommend this hotel and certainly intend to stay at this La Quinta Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank raeinvenice
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night in transit. Hotel is not the newest in town, but was priced right. Room was extremely clean but you can tell it's aging and may need a refresh. Front desk agent named Santos was extremely friendly. Would come back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dino P
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great service , great staff James and margaret are outstanding always a pleasure to stay there it was great when they know you by name and even know your pets name i never stay anywhere else when i travel to clearwater

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank butchp2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all, I chose this hotel because it offered free airport shuttle. I called the hotel at 8:50 pm and was told that the driver had left for the night and I would have to get a cab. I presented the man working the counter with my $8 cab fare bill and he did reimburse me. Our room definitely smelled of cigarette smoke. Especially in the bathroom. We wondered if it was in the shower curtain. The carpet was clean and nice. Our room was on the first floor and the window was rickety and didn't want to lock very well. That kind of gave my kids an uneasy feeling. We did not use the pool. Breakfast was well stocked and fine. Oh, also, this hotel allows dogs! We did hear barking off and on, especially in the morning. I did not know this, and probably would have liked to know, as I wouldn't have chosen this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night, on my way to Orlando and as soon I stepped into the room I had comfortable feel and the impression of a nice size bedroom. The location near AP and highway in addition to many restaurant, and fast food places around the hotel. great place for one night stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo