Let me start by saying that we are very committed to staying at Drury Hotels. Until last year when we found our first Homewood Suited in Chicago. So since then we have been looking for Homewood Suites when no Drury's were available.
We booked this hotel for a short 2 day vacation after our Carnival Cruise came back in Tampa. At first glance the hotel was very inviting. The check in procedure was easy. We had arrive earlier than we expected and our room wasn't available, but after some switch around by the desk clerk she found us a room that was ready.
The rooms are very nice with a king in one "room" and a queen sofa sleeper in the other. There are TV's in both rooms as well as a fully stocked kitchen with a full size refrigerator.
We enjoyed the complimentary dinner the first night which was lasagna with all the fixings, and salad. They also have a happy hour during that time with beer and wine. This is what surprised me, the beer taps were just opened and you were free to drink what you wanted, this is very different from Drury where they only give you 3 drinks per person. I am not saying that its a free for all in drinking, but it seemed much more relaxed when I didn't have to "check out" a drink.
We went back to the room to get ready for bed because we were going to leave early for the beach the next day. When we pulled out the sleeper sofa we noticed that the springs at the head of the bed were pretty much all gone, making it very difficult to sleep on. I went to the front desk and talked to Cristina who came down to the room and looked at it. She said she only had one room available to move us into and it was smoking, since my son has asthma we politely declined. Cristina took it upon her self to bring extra blankets to the room to help prop the bed up to make it more comfortable to sleep. She told me that first thing in the morning she would have it fixed.
After a slightly restless for my wife and son who were on the sofa we headed off to the beach for the day. I stopped by the desk and told Armando that we were leaving for the day. When we returned there was a message on my phone stating that the couch had been replaced and our room rate was dropped from 159.00 to 99.00 for that last night due to our inconvenience.
The last night the food was great again and we all got a great nights sleep. I also must mention that the food is excellent especially the breakfast and its included in the price. I don't have anything but positive things to say about the staff, each and everyone I encountered was super friendly and made us feel welcome.
I can say that after my 2nd stay at a Homewood Suites I think I am now converting from Drury's to Homewood Suites. Thanks to the staff at Clearwater Homewood Suites for a great stay. My family appreciates it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a great central location between the cities of St Petersburg, Tampa, and Clearwater, the Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) Clearwater hotel is your home away from home. Our extended stay hotel offers free basic WiFi and is within walking distance to Panera Bread, close to some of the area's biggest businesses, within walking distance to Carillon Park and only minutes from Clearwater Beach. This pet-friendly all-suite Clearwater, FL hotel is a perfect choice for work or family - for a few days or a few weeks. Free business services, internet and a meeting room make this Clearwater, FL hotel a great choice for your next meeting or get-together. We make sure every day gets off to the best start possible for you with complimentary hot full breakfast, wind down with our complimentary evening social* Monday through Thursday and friendly, helpful service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton St. Petersburg Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Homewood Suites Clearwater
- Hilton Clearwater
- Homewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Hilton
- Clearwater Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton St. Petersburg Clearwater Florida