“Charee is the Bomb” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
hernando fl
“Charee is the Bomb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I have been staying here since Monday 5-21-2012.
We have had no compalints. The staff is always smiling. I have to give a great big cootose to Charee in the kitchen. She works very hard and exspecially when she has to keep up with alot of construction workders. This place defintly makes you feel at home. I can not say enough about this place. I would stay here again and again.
Charee thank you for your upbeat personality and your wonderful smiles.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Wanda007,

Thank you for telling your visit to our hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your husband. We appreciate your great comments about our staff member Charee. We will pass these great comments on to her. It is always great to hear good comments from our guests. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you again for all of your comments. We hope to see you again in the future.

Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is one of those reviews where it's hard to place an overall rating on the property. Some aspects were very good, while others were tremendously disappointing.

This is an older, 60's style motel that has has been upgraded, so outward appearances don't tell the whole story. It is set way back from busy Ulmerton Road, which keeps down the noise - which is good - but makes it a bit hard to find. It's along the north side of Ulmerton Road, but you have to keep your eyes open in order to spot the sign - which is a temporary sign (this hotel is a conversion) that is sometimes hard to see.

The rooms are, overall, decent, with upgraded furnishings. My room had a work desk, small round table with 2 chairs, 2 large beds which filled up the major portion of the room space, a fridge, microwave, and a bench for luggage. The bathroom was very clean. Beds were comfortable, although I did notice a slight downward slope along the edge of my bed - probably just this bed, and not characteristic of the hotel overall. Parking was ample and convenient. The climate control unit was a bit noisy but worked fine. Wireless internet worked OK, but I would have to log in for each session. The system doesn't "remember" previous log-ins very well - no big deal.

Check-in was handled efficiently by a pleasant front desk person.

Things were dramatically different when I checked out. The young lady working on the front desk seemed to have a "who gives a you-know-what" attitude" and seemed absolutely bored and annoyed with her job, especially when it came to dealing with her customers. When checking out, she was unable to get her computer to produce a detailed receipt, and seemed to be a bit annoyed that I had actually wanted one. I remained very polite, somewhat amused by how someone with such a horrible attitude actually survives in a customer service position, but she promised to email me my receipt once she got the computer working.

I gave her my e-mail address and also my fax number, and here I sit, over 12 hours later -- no email, no fax ... no receipt. I guess I need to call the hotel to request it.

Had I not encountered this particular person and her funky attitude, I would have given this hotel a "very good" rating, overall. But customer service - delivered efficiently, pleasantly, and respectfully - is an important part of hotel service, and I put high value on it in my reviews. I can forgive minor annoyances when the person trying to assist me is genuinely concerned helpful. But I consider it a big strike when those responsible for customer service don't seem to understand what such service is all about. Such people can really tarnish one's impressions of a property.

One other thing ... my promised wake-up call didn't come. I don't know why, but I'm glad that I also set my own alarm as a backup.

Verdict: A major change in attitude of a certain front desk person would do wonders here. Would I stay here again? Probably ... because overall, it is a very good deal for the money, the location is great, and the rooms are fine. I just hope next time the check-out experience is handled a wee bit better.

Service rating is based on the check-in experience (excellent) and the check-out experience (terrible). (Excellent + Terrible) / 2 = Average.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo