“It hit the spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Ft.Lauderdale
“It hit the spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn for the first time and might I say it was quite pleasant. The manager was right at the desk to greet you along with the front desk clerk. My room was newly renovated and very comfortable. The pool area was the best place to be, especially at night when there were only adults.
I had only one issue with towels and bathroom necessities, though when I told the desk clerk Elana about it she was right on it and had the maintenance guy bring me everything.
Overall this hotel was pleasant and quick to satisfy you. I recomended this hotel to all my friends and family that travel to clearwater.

Room Tip: 2nd floor middle building
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kar_B32
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Kar_B32,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that you stayed with us and that we could accommodate you. Thank you for your great recommendation. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Uxbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Excellent location. Close to airport and fine dining restaurant. We were flying Allegiant and got a very good rate. Would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling by air. We will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patty G
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear Patty G,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Lakeland, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

My family and i stayed here twice in a month. The first time was not so goodwe called before we arrived and was told our room was ready but when we got there it wasnt so we had to wait another hour, and when we finally got into the room the AC didnt work. There was a baseball tournament going on so there were lots of 12 -14 yr old boys running and shouting and stayed in the pool until around 1am.
The second time we stayed it was the complete opposite the room was ready and cool when we walked in, the pool was clean and breakfast was delicious.

Even with the first problems we will continue to stay where when we are in town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Heather B,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns about the hotel. We are sorry that you were not happy with your first stay. Thank you for giving us a second chance. We have passed your concerns on to our staff. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I would not recommend this hotel at all. The rooms have mold and are dirty. We asked them to change the sheets they didn't. Plus, they charge your card more then once and have to deal with out through your bank cause they have no record of having you there. The worst Quality Inn I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherry513

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Cordova, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The front staff are nice, however the rooms are horrible. I had to take the light cover off of the light in the bathroom area so when i turned on the light i could stand on the toilet to turn the light on. The exhaust vent had enough dust on it to make it look like it had a fur coat. The whole time i felt like i needed to take a shower just to make me feel better. The tv lineup is much to be desired as well. I asked about getting a TV line up and was told the housekeeping staff took care of it. Oh and don't forget the housekeeping staff didn't make up my room 2 days during my stay. Not to mention it took them 3 tries when i checked in to get a room I felt semi comfortable in. Not a very good place to stay in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Cocoa Bch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. This hotel is in transition. The front desk was great with check in and check out. Tim and Sandra were very helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean. I feel that I got a great deal for a reasonable amout of money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear surferfich,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for bearing with us during this time of transition. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Jacksonville, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Boy was this place a mistake. I can't believe it's listed as 2 stars. The first room was filthy, mold in the shower, the toilet bowl was brown, the sheets had stains, the room smelled and even the armrest of the chair had mold. We got a new room which was somewhat cleaner but only marginally better. The door did not seal and you could hear all the noise outside; people talking outside sounded like they were in the room with you. The beds weren't very comfortable. The AC was incredibly loud and had to work all the time to compensate for the bad door seal, making it difficult to sleep. Making it even more of a challenge to get some sleep, we received a call at 12:30 IN THE MORNING from the manager at the front desk asking us if our new room was OK. Seriously?! You don't have the common sense not to ring your guests in the middle of the night?? We ended up leaving after the first night of a 3 night stay; I travel a fair amount, I'm not terribly picky and this was the first time in my LIFE I left a hotel before my scheduled stay was up. We were on a tight budget but it was worth the risk of losing what I paid for the remaining reservation (prepaid).

The ONLY plus to this place was the girl who was working the desk the morning when we left. She was very apologetic and did everything she could to be helpful. Obviously, I wouldn't take it out on her, she has no control over what a bad place she works at. It is abundantly clear the owners are not willing to put ANY MONEY into maintaining or cleaning this hotel, LET ALONE making improvements that are desperately needed. If they're not willing to put their money into it, why should you?

As a side note, and what really should have set my expectations for the stay right off the bat: as we were entering the first room we encountered the cleaning lady who said the room wasn't finished yet (they gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned yet? Nice.) She went in before us to make sure everything was OK, she said that the room was all set except there was a little odor from the people before us who apparently had dogs in the room. She said not to worry since they had an ozone machine running. After getting in there it was almost laughable...I'm a pet owner myself so I guess I'm used to it, but the smell was the LEAST of the rooms problems. I couldn't believe that someone in the business of CLEANING for a living thought that the mold in the shower, dirty sheets and toilet bowl that hadn't been cleaned in months (apparently) shouldn't be a big deal but the SMELL might bother us a little. I hardly noticed the smell with all the other disgusting issues. I'm honestly thinking of complaining to the department of health so they can drop by for a surprise visit, it was THAT BAD.

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple