“Friendly & Clean”

Ranked #56 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Miami
“Friendly & Clean”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We have stayed at several other hotels in the area due to visiting our first granddaughter. This is the only one we will stay at now. Clean hotel great breakfast very nice pool and spa with CLEAN water!! Wehad 1 small issue in the bathroom and only a few minutes later they installed a NEW showerhead. Service,cleanliness,breakfast,friendlyness all excellent!!!!! We WILL BE BACK!!!! OH, PRICE VERY GOOD!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Location right off the main highway may account for the 10 to 20% lower rate than other comparable area hotels. Large, clean room with comfortable bed. Friendly, professional service. If you need the basics, this is a great value. If your coming for a few days or for vacation, I'd suggest a better location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back...no noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is an old motel style area converted at some point into a Hampton. The insides are pretty well rennovated (public areas) and it's got a unique feel to it that could make it special and its rates are very low for the earea. My complaints are numerous but all repairable. Strike one on check in we had to stand around for a while as noone was at the desk even though there was a large number of people in the lobby area (activities of some sort). Strike two the room was a bit outdated. The fixture and furniture and facilities were in good repair and appeared clean but were clearly pretty old. The bed and couch in my room were comfortable. The final straw though was when returning for the night from a late dinner both my room and the neighboring room my colleague was in had a large number of tiny bugs on our computers. They looked similar to fruit flies, but were not. I'm not certain what they were (not bed bugs, not flies I recognized) but there was several of them. This was gross and needed to be addressed. I asked if management was present on checkout but was told they weren't in. I will call back to address directly when I get home from this trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chuck F

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed here for nine nights with our two year old son. Because of the length of stay, we were able to get a "king suite" for just $89/night. The location was decent, about a 10 minute drive to Clearwater Beach. Getting to St. Petersburg took a bit longer, especially at rush hour, and we spent an hour driving to Fort DeSoto Park (which park I highly recommend).

The room was L-shaped, with a king size bed, dresser and flat-panel TV near the door along the long side and kitchenette area, a sofa bed and second flat-panel TV around the corner in the short part of the L. At the corner of the L were a desk with two chairs and the bathroom.

The naugahyde sofa unfolded into a full-size sofa bed, which is where we had our son sleep. It was not very supportive. The real bed was much more comfortable. We were supplied with five pillows total, which looked plump and fluffy but sank right down when you put your head on them. The comforter was fluffy and warm. The air conditioner worked well and was not terribly noisy.

Both the bathroom sink and the kitchenette sink were set in granite counter tops. The kitchenette included the steel sink, mini fridge, microwave oven, and a moderate amount of cabinet space. They also supplied a roll of paper towels on a holder. The fridge did not have a freezer compartment, and the door dragged on the floor every time I opened it, but it functioned fine.

The bath tub was big, and we had no problems with water temperature or pressure. Towels were soft. One thing I missed was a fan vent in the bathroom to get rid of steam or odors.

Breakfast hours are 6 AM to 10 AM, and besides the usual cold cereal, yogurt and assortment of baked goods, they also had some kind of egg item in a chafing dish, cooked oatmeal, and waffle irons. The chafing dish item changed every day -- scrambled egg, omelette, sausage patty or the like -- but it was clearly either frozen or from a box, the fruit was canned and the muffins were pre-packaged. Nevertheless, as free hotel breakfasts go, it was pretty good. It did get crowded after 9 AM; we went at 9:30 one morning and there was quite a line for the waffle makers. For an excellent paid breakfast, you could go up the road a bit to Lenny's.

I was initially put off by the fact that the room doors open directly to the outside instead of to an interior hallway, but I did not feel at all unsafe during our stay. The shutters blocked the single window very thoroughly, which made the room a bit dim when we wanted privacy. It was a very quiet hotel, and our two year old may have been the noisiest guest.

Besides the main pool, they also had a hot tub and a wading pool with a decorative waterfall feature. Our son enjoyed the wading pool.

Some reviews have mentioned the strip club next door. Really, that place was not noticeable unless you looked for it. The strip club property was quite small compared with the Hampton property and only extended back as far as the hotel lobby. It did not border on the part of the property with the actual rooms.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the courtyard, odd numbers face the parking lot.
Dumont, NJ
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

This is my third time staying at this hotel and I had a great time. They upgrade me to a king suite poolside. The room was big, clean, smelled fresh and ac worked well. The maids did a nice job the whole week I was there. Breakfast was great everyday and they did a good job changing it up from day to day. Pool and fitness areas were awesome as well. Great pool/court yard, tropical paradise. Thank you people at the Hampton Inn, I will be back when I am in the area. Keep up the good work.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Hampton Inn in Clearwater Florida, is a real "find" with it's excellent location near (but not on) Clearwater Beach, just a few miles from the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and "Winter" the Dolphin, from the movie "DolphinTale". The Hampton Inn is near many shops and restaurants. Although the Hotel area is some what of an industrial area. The pool area is a lovely hide-a-way grotto, great for kids or your entire family. My only complaint is with their "free" breakfast.. While the breakfast area was clean and nice my kids could not eat the over cooked eggs or the nasty sausage. We ended up going to a real breakfast around the corner at a new breakfast place. The rooms were fresh and nice with comfortable beds and new t.v.s. I can't say enough about how friendly the front desk was.

Room Tip: Expect to eat breakfast somewhere else..
1 Thank bustrorl
Madison, MD
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Loved it. This Hampton is a little bit retro, but very well maintained, so it was a good choice for our family. It's only two-story (more 'motel' than 'hotel'), but the pool, hot tub, and landscaping are so tropical and pretty it feels "resorty" without the resort pricing. The breakfast is, by far, the best "complimentary breakfast" I have ever had. We were there four days, and the hot item changed daily. Sometimes omelets, some times scrambled eggs and bacon, one morning it was biscuits and gravy...but there were also always waffles, pastries, yogurt, cereal, etc. Excellent!

Too, the housekeeping staff (even tho I never saw them) seemed to do little extra things that I appreciated. They folder my daughter's nighty that got left tangled in the bedding. They arranged my children's toys neatly, and just did little extra things to show they cared (e.g. a flower made out of toilet paper so we could see where the roll started). \

OH! AND...fresh cookies and coffee in the lobby around 3:30 or 4...perfect after a long day at Busch Gardens or the beach.

Too, there's a mini golf place just a couple blocks away (Congo something???). It was a little pricey, but well maintained and fun.

Room Tip: 188 had good a/c, was close to pool, and not too far from the lobby.
1 Thank JennyMadison_MD