“A really nice Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Fort Myers, Florida
“A really nice Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I wasn't expecting this Hampton Inn to be so nice, so it was a great suprise. The lobby is big and nice. The breakfast area was neat, clean and spacious. The fitness room was much bigger than most. The room was comfortable and modern. Only stayed 1 night to attend conference so I didn't enjoy the pool area but the outdoors areas seemed nice too. The web site says they hallways are outside and they are but it was not a problem. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this Hampton Inn was and got a great rate too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Vicki C
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
I am so glad you had a wonderful time here with us even if it was for only one evening. You need to come back when you have time so you can spend a relaxing day at the pool. It really is an Island Oasis hidden in the heart of Clearwater, with the water fall flowing over the kiddy pool as well as the hot tub. We also have the largest pool in the area with plenty of lounge chairs for you to relax in. It was great to hear that your weren't discouraged from us being an exterior property. I personally love being able to drive directly up to my room instead of lugging my suit cases thru a lobby, up an elevator and down a hall. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but to me it's such a convenience. I hope you are able to have a repeat visit with us again soon, thanks again for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Toledo, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Very clean and quiet. Everything well done. Really made our vacation. The continental breakfast was quite good and the halls and steps looked good. The pool was clean and well maintained. One particular staff member Rosa, was friendly and kind to us. This is what make qreat hotels - caring staff members like her.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Tyrone H
We just read your review and thank you so much for all your kind words. The staff works very hard to make each guest stay a perfect one and we were all pleased that your's was excellent as well. Rosa wanted me to personally thank you for mentioning her name. She really does a wonderful job not just preparing the food but keeping it stocked for everyone to enjoy. She was awarded "Associate of the Month" for August and it was very well deserved. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again very soon.
Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great location and the atmosphere is good. Loved the pool area, beautiful and well kept.
The rooms could be updated and brighter, otherwise, clean. Would recommend this hotel for vacation. Enjoyed the breakfast. Always plenty to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for responding about your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor. I do agree that some of the furniture items in the room could use updating and although that is not in the immediate future we do take pride in keeping the rooms extremely clean and updated with our quarterly painting program along with the Hampton Bedding. Hope you can have a repeat visit with us again before the Holiday's arrive. Thanks and have a great rest of the week.
Roselle, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My first time in Clearwater ...beautiful town with many activities for the kids and the whole family... the hotel it was great ,very clean and outstanding customer service...we really enjoyed the pool and the breakfast... every morning Rosa the lady at the breakfast room welcomed us with a friendly smile and a"good morning "...yes rooms are a little small but all we needed was a place to sleep and take a shower... i will definitely recommend this hotel to any family traveling into this area and for the money ... you cant go wrong...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on Trip Adviser. Rosa wanted me to extend a personal thank you for mentioning her name in your response as well. You are correct about some of the rooms being kind of small however we have larger one's available as well so next time you stay with us, please don't hesitate to ask the Front Desk Clerk for one of those. Our hotel is one of the larger Hampton Inn's so with 178 rooms we have many different room types and sizes available to accommadaite everyone's needs. We look forward to your next visit, thanks.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel is in a good location, however I believe the rooms need some renovating and updating, need friendly customer service reps that are there to help and assist the customer and not make the customer feel as if they are a burden.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank James J
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I just read your review this morning and was so upset to hear about your stay not being perfect. There is never an excuse at our property for a lack of guest service and obviously we failed during your visit at some point and I would really like to discuss with you further where we dropped the ball. I know that it can't change how your stay was with us however I truly believe we can learn from our errors and make sure that it doesn't happen to another guest. Time is precious but if you could find a few moments to call me or if email is easier write me regarding your experience at our property it would be very much appreciated. I want to thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.

Beki.lewie@hilton.com or 727-797-8173

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2013

booked this hotel 3 weeks before arrival at a great rate this hotel is superb what a nice place the pool and the grounds are the people who work there are first class from housekeeping to frontdesk to maintenance this is the place you want to stay at it simply can not be beat the only very small"complaint" for people that could be a problem is the small bathroom we stayed here 2 weeks but it wasn't a problem for me and my wife this is the only place I will stay at in Clearwater every store or restaurant is available off route 19 or route 60 the beach is a 15 minute ride but if you have a car it should be no problem thanks Hampton inn for our fantastic stay see you next year for sure

Room Tip: book this hotel on Hamptoninn.com for the best rates
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel and the staff was very excited to read it this morning. I agree about the bathrooms in many of our standard rooms being small, thank goodness the vanity and sink is on the outside of the bathroom though so one person can continue to get ready while the other one showers. When we renovate we are looking at our options on increasing the size. It's reviews such as yours that let the staff know their excellent service doesn't go unnoticed and we really appreciate your kind words. I look forward to meeting you next year and thanks again.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have to say I'm super impressed that the General Manager is responding to all the reviews left for this hotel. I was shopping around for a hotel for a family reunion we're having at the end of October for an 80th birthday party for my mom who lives about 5 min. away from this hotel. Based on the reviews and the response from the GM Beki, we have a winner. I've just left a message for the sales dept to call me to see if I can set up a special rate for family needing a hotel room for that weekend.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much...I was out of town all last week when you posted it and this is the first time I saw last weeks reviews. I am so glad you chose us for your family to stay at during your family reunion and you will have no worry's at all, everything will be perfect during their time here. I believe you are the group that contacted my Director of Sales yesterday and I plan on getting your number from her and contacting you personally. I remember my family reunions years ago and how it meant so much to me and now that most of my family is gone I miss the time each year we had together more than I can express. Everything will be awesome for you and I look forward to talking to you real soon.