“Felt safe traveling alone”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #56 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
“Felt safe traveling alone”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I needed a room for one night while visiting family in the Clearwater area. I chose to go with Hampton because I knew it was a brand I could trust & had not been disappointed with previous Hampton Hotel stays. While the outdoor heated pool looked very inviting, I didn't get a chance to use it. While breakfast is complimentary buffet style, try eating breakfast a few doors down at Lenny's, a known landmark for the area. My room was very clean & beds very comfortable. Excellent value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, it was very appreciated. I agree with you about Lenny's, they have won many awards for their food. It's just a mom and pop type place that is less than a block away and being open for lunch and breakfast they offer excellent food options and their portions are on the larger side for an awesome price. Thank you again and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
cedar rapids, United States
Reviewed 28 November 2013

i stayed here with my wife for a 7 day stay the staff is wonderful the hot tub was perfect the whole place in all was great they do have a laundry room for guest to use if you don't want to take home dirty clothes

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad you were able to enjoy the hot tub. The entire court yard makes you feel like you have entered an island oasis, leaving the city and outside world behind. I look forward to your next visit with us and thank you so much for your kind words. Have a wonderful holiday season and thanks again.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This Hotel & it's Staff we're wonderful!! Sebastian was the Mgr on Duty the weekend we stayed in July 2013. We arrive at a Hotel right down the street (Travelodge) which the Staff there was rude & did not want to accommodate us. We were a party of 31 ppl & we needed about 9 rooms. Sebastian noticed that I was upset & frustrated & he accommodated me & my Family!! Great price. Great Service. Nice Guy. Nice Hotel. Nice Staff. We are looking forward to coming back again in July 2014!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I can't tell you how excellent your timing was on writing the review that you just did yesterday. I am not sure if anyone is aware of this however when you write a review or I respond it doesn't post immediately. It has to be checked before being posted to the website by trip advisor. I was actually sitting at lunch with Sebastian when your post came thru today. As I read your words he just kept smiling and thought that was so nice of you to write the kind words you did and wanted me to extend a big thank you for taking the time to actually write the review as well as recognize him in it. We look forward to your return in 2014 and we hope that you have a great holiday season. Thanks again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice, clean hotel. Close to Ruth Eckerd Hall and close to variety of restaurants. Room was clean and tidy. A little bit of a "damp" feel but overall happy with our choice and location. Will stay again when in that area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know I responded to your survey however I wanted to reach out and say thank you for taking the extra time to fill out a review as well. We are glad you had an excellent stay with us and look forward to your return visit next time your in town. Happy Thanksgiving and have a wonderful Holiday season.
North Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Check in was easy. I was very please with my room, especially the bathroom, it was so clean, even the shower curtains were like new!!! I always inspect the shower curtains. I stay at a lot of hotel and that detail is rare. . Also my towels were fluffy and nice , not "dingy". A+ My bed was very comfortable. There was a night light even after we turned out all the lights. Which made us think, they really leave the lights on for you! lol . My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. We were impressed. I think you should drop the "Inn" from your name. It is so much more..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for all your kind words. You put many smiles on the staffs face this morning when we had our meeting, they especially liked the comment about, "leaving the lights on". Our light is always on for you so next time your in town we hope you come home to us and enjoy another wonderful stay. We hope you have a wonderful and safe Holiday season.
Fort Pierce, FL
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went to Clearwater to see a concert and this hotel was 5 minutes away. Have stayed there before and it is a decent hotel for a short stay...rooms are pretty small but clean...it is a basic hotel with decent amenities...

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. Ruth Eckard Hall is just down the road and we are the closest Hampton Inn to it so many guests stay with us when in town for the concerts. I hope you were able to do the dinner and show they are having now for most of their events. For an additional cost you can choose the dinner package which has your arrival time around 6pm and then directly after that you can walk right over to your seat and enjoy the event going on. We hope to see you back when your in town for another concert and thank you again for writing.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Good hotel. Appears to be an older hotel due to all rooms are accessed from outside, but very well kept. Room was very clean and had no problems. Breakfast was basic, but good. I always try to stick with Hampton Inn's due to my rewards and frequently travel to Tampa area and will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
I am so glad you had a wonderful visit with us and we look forward to your repeat one's as well. I noticed you mentioned the breakfast being basic and I have good news for all our future guests. Starting around December 1st we will be rolling out several new products that I really believe everyone is going to love. First and foremost is the scrambled eggs are changing. I have tried the new product personally and can tell you all that you will be very pleased. We also will be offering fresh cut fruit such as cantalope, melon and pinapple. Our bakery section is changing too...we will be offering a varity of selections. They will come in bite size portions so our guests will be able to have multiple flavor choices in case they can't decide. Several other changes taking place are the hard boiled eggs will now still have the shell on them and the sausage gravy recipe is being changed as well. I am very excited about all these new items coming out and I know that you and all our guests will enjoy them so much. Have a wonderful Holiday season and a Happy New Year.