“A beautiful hotel with character”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #65 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 13 December 2013

As a Hilton Honors member, I was a little hesitant about staying at this hotel because it appeared to be an older property and that the rooms were accessed from the outside, unlike newer Hampton Inns. I based my selection on the short distance to Ruth Eckerd Hall (I attended the Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang concert the night of my stay.), and the positive comments that I read on TripAdvisor.com.

Upon my arrival, I was pleasantly greeted by a front-desk employee named Gilbert. Gilbert was very professional and friendly. I was totally amazed when I walked my room. The room looked 100% better than the online pictures that I viewed prior to my booking on the Hilton.com and TripAdvisor.com websites. I liked the wood laminate flooring just behind the entrance door and in the "bathroom sink" area, and the matching wood blinds on the bedroom window. The entire room is nicely decorated, clean, orderless, and quiet. I had a very good night sleep and I felt secure in the room because the property is well lighted at night.

The beach and downtown Clearwater, FL is only a short beautiful drive away. There are quite a few excellent restaurants a few blocks away on Gulf to Bay Boulevard. I recommend visiting the Smoky Bones restaurant. Hopefully the lady named Jen is behind the bar when you visit. She is very nice and really friendly. The food was great and the place had a very inviting atmosphere.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are worth the extra money because the courtyard area is so beautiful.
2  Thank Tom B
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

I received your letter and responded already however I wanted to just say a "BIG" thank you again for taking the time to write this review when your survey expired. The staff works so hard to make sure everyone has a great visit with us that reviews and letters like yours really mean so much to all of us. I forwarded your letter to my VP as well. I hope that you find yourself in the Clearwater area again very soon and can stay for even longer next time so you can really enjoy our Island Oasis poolside. Hope your holidays are excellent and have a great rest of the week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at the Clearwater Hampton the week of Thanksgiving and it was so much more spacious and relaxing than staying with my folks. The room was clean and well appointed with a super comfortable bed. Having a decent breakfast and good coffee waiting for me is also a big benefit that saves both time and money. This particular location is very centrally located so you can travel in four different directions with equal ease. The beach is a quick drive from here and Tampa is just over the causeway. Love this hotel and the friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

I am so glad you were able to spend the holidays with your parents as well as stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind words and I hope the rest of your holiday season is excellent.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

If you are in the Clearwater area and want a reasonable place to stay that is located near shopping, food and the CBD. Although there is road work going on nearby, it is relatively easy to get to and from this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know I already responded to you on your recent survey that you sent me however I wanted to thank you again for taking the time to write this review as well. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you have an awesome holiday season.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I needed a room for one night while visiting family in the Clearwater area. I chose to go with Hampton because I knew it was a brand I could trust & had not been disappointed with previous Hampton Hotel stays. While the outdoor heated pool looked very inviting, I didn't get a chance to use it. While breakfast is complimentary buffet style, try eating breakfast a few doors down at Lenny's, a known landmark for the area. My room was very clean & beds very comfortable. Excellent value.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, it was very appreciated. I agree with you about Lenny's, they have won many awards for their food. It's just a mom and pop type place that is less than a block away and being open for lunch and breakfast they offer excellent food options and their portions are on the larger side for an awesome price. Thank you again and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

i stayed here with my wife for a 7 day stay the staff is wonderful the hot tub was perfect the whole place in all was great they do have a laundry room for guest to use if you don't want to take home dirty clothes

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad you were able to enjoy the hot tub. The entire court yard makes you feel like you have entered an island oasis, leaving the city and outside world behind. I look forward to your next visit with us and thank you so much for your kind words. Have a wonderful holiday season and thanks again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This Hotel & it's Staff we're wonderful!! Sebastian was the Mgr on Duty the weekend we stayed in July 2013. We arrive at a Hotel right down the street (Travelodge) which the Staff there was rude & did not want to accommodate us. We were a party of 31 ppl & we needed about 9 rooms. Sebastian noticed that I was upset & frustrated & he accommodated me & my Family!! Great price. Great Service. Nice Guy. Nice Hotel. Nice Staff. We are looking forward to coming back again in July 2014!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I can't tell you how excellent your timing was on writing the review that you just did yesterday. I am not sure if anyone is aware of this however when you write a review or I respond it doesn't post immediately. It has to be checked before being posted to the website by trip advisor. I was actually sitting at lunch with Sebastian when your post came thru today. As I read your words he just kept smiling and thought that was so nice of you to write the kind words you did and wanted me to extend a big thank you for taking the time to actually write the review as well as recognize him in it. We look forward to your return in 2014 and we hope that you have a great holiday season. Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice, clean hotel. Close to Ruth Eckerd Hall and close to variety of restaurants. Room was clean and tidy. A little bit of a "damp" feel but overall happy with our choice and location. Will stay again when in that area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know I responded to your survey however I wanted to reach out and say thank you for taking the extra time to fill out a review as well. We are glad you had an excellent stay with us and look forward to your return visit next time your in town. Happy Thanksgiving and have a wonderful Holiday season.