“Someone cares”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #65 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This lovely hotel was a surprise. The grounds and condition of the hotel was excellent. I think the staff did all they could to keep all parts of the property i clean and top condition. The landscaping was lovely and added to the properties relaxing feel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Steven Glenn R
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

I am so glad you were able to enjoy the courtyard and the grounds while you were staying with us. Thank you so much for the review and I hope that you have an awesome upcoming Memorial Day weekend. Hope to see you again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We loved this Hampton! We stayed from May 1st to May 8th, 2014 and enjoyed our stay very much. We got an upgrade to pool side, ground floor. We found our room to be very clean and comfortable. Our room was cleaned everyday in a timely manner, we left a small tip each day.
The grounds are beautiful and tropical, very resort like. Pool and waterfall super clean and pool towels are provided. The new pool furniture is so nice!
Breakfast was very good, hot and varied a little bit each day.

All of the staff without exception was smiling and helpful.
We love this Hampton, yes it is a motel rather than a hotel but that is what makes it unique and feel that yes you are in Florida, so relax and enjoy!

To GM Beki, be proud of your Hampton!! It's awesome and our favorite Hampton so far!! If your other guests don't want the free stays you offer we'll be happy to take them!!
Thanks lots :-D

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SueAnn7

Thank you for writing the review you did...I am so proud of my team and how much they care about making sure each guest has an excellent visit with us. We meet each morning before everyone starts their day and during that time we share all the reviews with them and they loved hearing what you had to say. I hope a repeat visit is in the near future for you and we all hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My family and I travelled from NJ for vacation. Cindy at the front desk was very helpful and friendly and assisted with directions, having our room ready upon check in and greeting us by name and asking how our stay was whenever she saw us which made us feel very welcome. Dennis helped assist in extending our reservation an additional day with ease. Our room was very clean and comfortable and this property is only short drive to the beach. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I know I already responded to you from the survey you wrote however I wanted to reach out to you here as well and send another thank your way. The team members were extremely pleased you mentioned them here and in the survey and wanted me to thank you for your kind words. Have a terrific Memorial Day weekend and enjoy your summer.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This is a worn out hotel in a questionable location. NOTE: the staff was very friendly at checkin. Nonetheless, this property evokes memories of staying in a 2-story 1960's style motel one might encounter when driving across the US some 30 years ago. The only way to describe the rooms is fatigued. If I can figure out how to post pictures of the dated / worn out / broken stuff in the room I will.

My issue is not so much with this hotel, rather than the fact that its just not on par with the Hilton owned brand hotels I've stayed at the world over.

I'm sure they sunk plenty of money into trying to make the rooms here look and feel like what frequent travelers expect from Hampton and other Hilton brands. The truth is its simply not up to the brand standard. They simply tried to put lipstick on a pig in this case = and it's still a pig.

This is the 2nd Hampton Inn I've booked (without first vetting the area) when coming to the St. Pete and Clearwater area for business. Both times I've been worried to even leave my car outside. As an example: this one has a strip club right next door. The other had pawns shops surrounding it.

Simply put: you need to understand what you are getting for your $$$ and the area you will be staying. If you've come to expect consistency from the Hilton owned family of hotels, you'll need to lower your expectations to stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DaZman123
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your visit with us. The staff appreciated you mentioning their friendliness as well. You are correct on several items you did touch on...we are an exterior property and there are very few Hampton Inn's left that are. Our standard rooms are smaller as well as we don't offer refridgerators or microwaves in those rooms, just the suites. We do offer larger rooms such as the poolside, King study's and the suites and we try to extend complimentary upgrades when ever occupancy is low enough that it allows us too. I know many people have mentioned the strip club two lots over and I want to keep stating that it has been closed for well over 6 months now and although we can never predict when or if it will open again, for now it remains closed. I do apologize that we did not live up to your expectations while here, I know that it is very upsetting to expect one thing and receive another and for that I am sorry. I do appreciate you taking the time to write a reveiw though and I hope you have an awesome summer.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Fairly typical hotel room-wise but does have a nice courtyard, breakfast, and pool. Unfortunately it is in a terrible location. Hwy 19 is a mess and sometimes it takes 20 minutes just to travel the 100 yards from the intersection to the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I really want to apologize about the construction going on outside of our location. Although we have no way to stop progress I will agree with you the additional time it takes to get to the main road if leaving the hotel between 8am -9am and 4pm-5pm sometimes can run up to the 20 minutes you mentioned. This should be changing soon though, even before the predicted completion date of October 2014. Soon the portion of the entry way to US 19 south will be opened up so all travelors right now having to use our frontage, service road to get up to 19 south will no longer have to do so. In turn this will reduce the amount of traffic having to go by our hotel. They haven't stated the date for that entry way to reopen yet however they have stated it will be sooner than the completion of the construction. I hope to see you back again once all this is taken care of and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

As a frequent Hampton guest I expected the usual comfort and service. Management makes all the difference. Loud nights, theft, breakfast bags not out and retracted compensation. Multiple emails w/ GM. She stated 2x she was confused. She is. Don't stay there if you are on schedule and value your valuables. Forget the %100 guarantee with this GM.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tiffany S

I waited several days to respond to this review due to the fact it was very upsetting to read. As you all know from my past responses I take sole responsiblity for issues that occur during a guests stay however this time I feel several facts were left out of this specific review that need to be addressed. First, the theft issue that was mentioned was from the guest leaving their watch out at the spa and didn't notice they did so until the next day. I have been here for a year now and I want to assure everyone that not one guest has ever reported a theft issue concerning my staff. As you know we can not be responsible for items left out in the public area's.

As for the 100% guarantee, I stand behind that 100%. I personally extended a two night gift certificate to return to our hotel without the guest even requesting any compensation for the noise they experienced from outside sources. They excepted my offer stating it was, "more than generous." They changed their mind and I am right now waiting for the returned gift certificate to come in the mail and have already agreed to refund them their one night they stayed once it arrives. At no time did I retract the original offer nor will I retract the second offer to refund the money. I was actually attempting to go above and beyond by offering a two night return visit compared to the one night they had issues with. I will let everyone know that I personally forgot to put a stamp on the gift certificate that went out and it was returned two days later at which time I contacted the guest immediately and apologized for my incompetance. This did hold up the delivery process by about 3 days.

Once again, this is not my normal response however I felt some clarification was in order for all future readers.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My son and I were going to clearwater for a large swim meet. I booked my room two months in advance but never received a confirmation email. When we arrived at the hotel, there wasn't any record of our reservation and the hotel was booked solid! We were out of luck. Fortunately the travelodge next door had availability for half the price and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Don't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate G

I wanted to apologize about the mix up for your reservation. Whether it's our front desk, the reservation center or a travel agent, we all do our best to ensure every reservation is made correctly however this did not take place for you and I am deeply sorry. I know there was a savings by staying at the other location however I know that you would have rather stayed with the entire team. Next year when you come to the area please contact me directly, remind me of what took place as well as this review and I will make it up to you. Thank you for letting me know and I hope to see you next year during the meet.