“Overnighter”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice. I did notice a tile was missing from the baseboard in the bathroom, I forgot to mention this to the desk clerk. The complimentary breakfast was good, I wasn't thrilled with the western omelet as the only egg selection.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Glenn P
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your visit with everyone. I apologize for the delayed time in responding to your review but I was lucky enough to be on vacation as well. I am glad you had a wonderful time. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the western omelets, I personally agree with you, they are not a favorite of mine either. We do switch the menu around so we offer scrambled eggs and chedder cheese omelets as well depending on the day of the week. Thanks again for the review and have an awesome summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I mostly stay at Hampton Inns and are usually not disappointed. I can say that for this Inn. The accommodations were good and the breakfast and outdoor eating area were very nice. We recommend this Hampton Inn if you are going to the Clearwater area. Only about a 15-20 minute from the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I apologize for my delayed response back to you but I was on vacation myself this last week. I am glad to see you had a wonderful time while staying with us and I hope you are able to return again very soon. Thank you for your wonderful review and have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here while assisting my mother in law who lives near the hotel. We had to bring out twin 8 year old boys and the pool/waterfall/hot tub were a big hit with them. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Moving my mother in law will take several trips to Clearwater and we will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as well as fill out a survey. I know I already responded to your survey however I just thought I would reach out again and thank you one more time. Have a great summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay and the accommodations! The breakfast in the mornings had a great deal of variety. The bed was comfortable to sleep in also. The snack bar at night if I got hungry was a nice-to-have also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know I responded on the survey you sent in but I wanted to tell you again that we really appreciated your survey and review. Hope your summer is awesome and we see you back again very soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice accommodations. First day we were welcomed by David at the front desk. I knew right away we had chosen the right hotel! He was very kind and very professional. And definitely one of the reasons we will come back again soon. He mentioned he likes to "treat people the way he likes to be treated", and it showed.
The lobby was very clean and modern. Awesome location to go anywhere! Central to anywhere you need to go. Rooms were very clean very comfy beds. The bathroom a wee bit too small for my taste, but other than that, I highly recommend this hotel for comfort, cleanliness and convenience as well as price.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the pool 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review on us. You are correct, for many of the rooms the bathrooms are smaller than the newer Hamptons out there and other guests have commented on that as well. We hope that the service we provide and the clean rooms more than make up for it though. Hope you have a chance to come back really soon and enjoy our pool area as well as movie night on Saturdays, weather permitting of course. Have a great evening and a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just enjoyed a 4 day stay. The staff was amazing. Gilbert at the front desk made sure we had everything we needed. Pool, hot tub and waterfall were relaxing. Exercise room was nice and they are complimentary earbuds. The grounds were beautiful. Hallways clean. Rooms are adequate in size. Bathroom is pretty small, but we made do. Breakfast was alright. Crowded and line for waffles was long. Close enough to get to beach in 15 min. Around the corner from several nice restaurants and the Clearwater Mall. A great value and even better customer service. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jaxmichele

I was so happy to see your review today. The staff works so hard and when I read what you wrote they all were so excited and happy. I hope you are able to enjoy another visit with us very soon but if not have a great summer.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

first location ok but for the next year road construction all over clearwater i wasn't expecting to have to deal with them coating there parking lot and being woken up early by the crew with there blowers doing the lot then our ac unites when they sealed the lot just brought the fumes in the room so you had to smell that for a few days the staff was great the breakfast were very good everyday.i say for the money its worth the stay.im not sure if they want to be a family hotel or a business hotel i guess the business guys would like the working and open strip club next door that the kids laughed at when we drove by the suites were very nice it was quite at nite in the back the pool was amazing they are not on my dont go back to list but im not sure was a so so stay with there parking lot deal besides that it was good

Room Tip: any thing in the back or facing the pool is quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I would like to apologize that you had to deal with the parking lot being sealed. I completly understand and don't blame you for being upset at all. Every time we make improvements for our future guests the current guest will usually be impacted in one way or another. We do our best to always pick the slowest and least impactful time however someone usually feels the effects of those improvements when they are in the process. I see you gave us 4 stars for cleanliness and service and that was very much appreciated. I hope that you will think of us next time your in the Clearwater area and stay with us again. After this week the other half of the parking lot will be sealed and we don't antisipate any more impactful improvements in the near future.