“Enjoyable but not perfect stay”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Knoxville, United States
“Enjoyable but not perfect stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I almost always stay at Hampton Inn because they are consistently reliable. I did have some gripes with this particular location though. 1) No refrigerator nor microwave in the room. 2) Heated pool was obnoxious on a 95 degree day in Florida. But the kiddie pool with waterfall was refreshing. Other than that, completely satisfied. Rooms are clean and bedding smells/feels fresh. Continental breakfast is always satisfactory and convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I know that I already wrote to you on your survey however wanted to thank you as well for writing a review. I completely understand your thoughts on wanting a fridge when traveling. We plan on putting fridges in all the rooms when we renovate down the road however as of right now we only have them in the suites. We do offer several complimentary portable one's however they are limited. I am sorry about the pool being warm however the wonderful Florida sunshine is to blame. Our pool heater shut off in May and won't turn back on until around October because the sun keeps it warm enough. I wish they made a cooling unit for pools because I agree with you about the pool being warm, I get into my pool at my house and it is very warm as well. Hope you have a great summer and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The grounds around the pool and outdoor porch are great. If you are on the 2nd floor you will need to carry your bags up a flight of stairs. Our room faced the pool. It was a quiet and peaceful night. I really liked the option of the breakfast porch with the rockers. Close to the beach without the beach front price. The staff were all friendly. I would return. My kids would love the pool.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I love those rockers myself and I am glad you did too. We find many guests that enjoy the patio area for breakfast because of the tropical view while eating. Thank you again and we hope to see you back sooner than later with the kids this next time. Have a great summer.
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I stayed there from June 25-29. We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton. I read a lot of reviews before leaving for the trip as I always do. In reading those and they were very accurate. The breakfast is an ideal way to save money and the waffle line can be long but you can do better. I had no issue with the staff as they were professional to my family and I. The beds were comfortable and clean. The travel to the beach isn't very far maybe 10-12 minutes. Now...If you're expecting anything other than a motel style setting you're mistaken. The rooms are outdated but the grounds are nice. The bathrooms are incredibly small so there is just room enough to close the door if you're using the toilets. The age of the rooms show in the carpet and tile of the floor. The AC/heat units are those from the eighties and depending on where you're placed it could be noisy. The lighting is average so if you want bright, open the window and turn on all the lights you need. The local selection of food and entertainment were good as well. There's traffic construction in the city which could sour things. However, the highlight for us was the swimming pool. It's a heated salt water pool that absolutely was warm and inviting regardless of the weather. Oh and the cookies were great! I thought it was cool that the hotel even did an outdoor movie night. So in conclusion, you could get more if you pay for more but depending on what you're willing to live with the hotel was not updated but still a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I couldn't have said it better myself...thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us and I hope there will be many more in our future. We just started doing movie night by the pool this past March and it has been getting rave reviews. This past weekend was July 4th and the kids were so disappointed that we couldn't do the movie because it was raining so we did it inside in the breakfast area and everyone loved it. Thanks again for the review and have a great summer.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked the Inn by the amount of good reviews on this site and we were not disappointed. From the moment we entered the lobby to the almost tearful moment we left to come home, our stay here was without fault. Reading the past reviews makes you believe that you can't please all the people all the time, but I can truly state we enjoyed our stay so much we are already planning next years visit.
Clearwater beach is only 10 to 15 minutes away, Honeymoon Island, Dunedin, Safety Harbour, St. Petersburg and Tampa all local travelling , easily inside the hour. I recommend Lowry Park zoo in Tampa.
The room was very good. An upstairs room overlooking the pool, the view through the trees and past the waterfall was idyllic. Maid service every day, the room was spacious and very clean. I found out too late that we could have had a fridge complimentary, but I'll save that until next time. The air-con was superb if a little noisy (that's not a complaint, it was acceptable)
All the staff, without exception were friendly and I thought genuinely happy, such is the atmosphere around here. David was always cheerful and very helpful, as were the whole staff.
I could go on to the point of boring, but in a nutshell I am looking to our next visit already with the emphasis that we won't be looking to stay anywhere else but here

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Next time you plan your trip my way please email me at beki.lewie@hilton.com so I can make sure that we reserve that fridge for you. We have a limited supply of movable fridge's on property and I will do everything I can to make sure your get one. Thanks again and have an awesome rest of the summer.
Lovely Midwest
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We loved this hotel! It took a few extra minutes because we had trouble locating it due to construction (we were on Hwy 19 and the hotel was on the frontage road) but as soon as we walked into the lobby we were relieved. The lobby and breakfast area is very well maintained. We were given a room on the first floor right by the pool and when traveling with kids that was wonderful. I called the morning we were traveling and asked for a refrigerator so one was in our room when we arrived. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and well maintained. The pool area was very nice as well.

Even with the road construction, the hotel is in a great location. Close to dining, Walmart, Target and 15 minutes from the beach.

Room Tip: First floor room on the pool side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I remember the days I was traveling with small children and the relief that just comes over you when you arrive to a hotel and it was everything you could have ever asked for. Our staff really try to make every guests stay a great one because we ourselves know what it is like to go on vacation and not get the best service or cleanliness room. I am glad our efforts paid off. We hope to see you again very soon and just remember to call and ask for that fridge and poolside room on your next visit. If we can provide it we will make sure you get it each time. Have an awesome summer.
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn when we were unable to book a room in another hotel. We really just needed somewhere to sleep before flying out. We were surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel, all the amenities in our room, and the good hot breakfast. The hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating, even with our late arrival. The beds were clean and comfy.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I apologize for my delayed response, I was on vacation as well and just returned today. I am glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and hope that when you in the Clearwater area again you keep us in mind for a much longer visit. Our pool and courtyard is like a tropical oasis and I know that you would have loved being able to relax around it. Well, next time...have a great summer and thanks for the review.
Bronson, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice. I did notice a tile was missing from the baseboard in the bathroom, I forgot to mention this to the desk clerk. The complimentary breakfast was good, I wasn't thrilled with the western omelet as the only egg selection.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Glenn P
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your visit with everyone. I apologize for the delayed time in responding to your review but I was lucky enough to be on vacation as well. I am glad you had a wonderful time. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the western omelets, I personally agree with you, they are not a favorite of mine either. We do switch the menu around so we offer scrambled eggs and chedder cheese omelets as well depending on the day of the week. Thanks again for the review and have an awesome summer.