“A nice place to stay in Clearwater”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A great location for our trip to Clearwater to golf and see some baseball. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The pool area is very nice. Lots of places nearby (walking distance) to grab a bite to eat. We will be returning!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I am happy you had a wondeful time while staying with us. You are correct, there is many locations to eat at that are in walking distance. Lenny's Clearwaters #1 diner voted 5 years in a row as well as the tilted kilt which is like an upscale sports bar with great food. Around the corner from their is a mexican restaurant as well as a Buffolo Wild Wings. If your feeling for a little longer walk we have Carraba's, Joe's Crab Shack, Smokey Bones, the original Hooters, Wing House and many more all within a 1-2 miles walk as well. I am looking forward to your return visit and have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Very clean and convenient in my travels. The breakfast was good and kept clean. Nice and quiet, even though there was a youth baseball team enjoying the pool. I would stay here again. Enjoyed my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for writing a review for us. The staff wanted me to personally thank you for your kind words as well as the score you gave them for service and cleanliness, it means a lot. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the pool area even with the teams in that we had. We look forward to your return and hope that the rest of your summer is excellent. Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn was home for the last two weeks while in town on business. I really liked the layout which really gave it a nice relaxing tropical feel. The long porch overlooking the pool area was very enjoyable. I spent a lot of evenings just sitting there and enjoying the serenity of the surroundings. The rooms were always kept clean and were fairly comfortable. Of course nothing beats home.
The staff was extremely great. Even when there was a large group of girls staying for a softball tournament. They were able to keep up with the girls during breakfast and were always in good spirits.
The only complaint would be that the ice machines didn't seem to work very well during my second week.
If I'm ever back in town I will try to stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank DHJ730

I am so happy that you chose us for your home away from home while in the Clearwater area. It made me happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the patio area as well as our beautiful courtyard because many guests here on business don't get that chance so I am glad you did. I do apologize about the ice machines. They are working fine it's just being an exterior property many guests may use that opportunity to ignore the signage that states, "Guest room ice only, no coolers, please". By this being ignored it doesn't take long to empty an ice machine when one person right after the other fills their cooler up. We try to watch out for that and stop it when we can however we obviously didn't do that great of a job over the time you were here and for that I apologize. I hope to see you back again very soon and have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have no complaints. This is a modest, typical non-luxuary motel. The one short coming is the lack of in-room refrigerators. Other than that, a comfortable, efficient mid-level motel. Staff are very helpful, accomodations are kept clean, location is reasonably near Clearwater beach.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I have to agree with you about the refridgerators, I too wish every room had one. Down the road when we renovate we plan on getting them for every room however until then only the suites offer them. We do have a few that we relocate from room to room on a first come first serve basis day of arrival however we have 178 rooms so when we are very busy many of those requests can't be honored and for that I apologize. Thanks for the service and cleanliness scores as well, the staff really appreciated that. Hope the rest of your summer is awesome and we see you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Overall the hotel is great. Staff is very nice and polite. Rooms are newer and the beds are comfortable. Definitely recommended. Nice pool. The breakfast is pretty good and has a nice variety. I would stay again. The highway (19) was under construction so the hotel was a little hard to get to at the time.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us. The construction is slated to be over in October 2014 however doesn't seem like they are on target to me. The original end date was Spring of 2015 so that is the date we continue to share with our guests and if it gets done earlier we will be very happy. Thank you for the score you gave on service, the team really appreciated that and wanted me to thank you personally for them. I hope you will be able to return in the near future especially with the summer half way over. Thanks again and have a great week.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had five families stay together at the hotel for 3 - 4 nights. We all had pool side rooms on the first floor. It was set up very nicely with peaceful and beautiful Florida landscape as well as convenience to the amenities and the parking for loading and unloading. The breakfast was very nice for a hotel breakfast with different hot items each morning. My favorites were the pepper and cheese omelet and the homestyle potatoes. Every morning they offered the delicious waffles that all of the girls love to eat and make.:) The breakfast area was very nice, open, clean, comfortable seating, and decorated nicely. The staff was very helpful and kind to us. They allowed us to check in a little early when our first day of games was washed out and allowed us to check out a little late on our last day so we could enjoy some time around the pool and fitness room before departing. We spent most of our time at the ballfield very close by. The pool area was large with a separate beautiful whirlpool and Jacuzzi hot tub that had a waterfall over the top. This was my favorite because it was very peaceful and pretty, and the girls enjoyed swimming under the waterfall. There was covered seating outside at the pool for breakfast or any other time. It would have been a great set-up for a get-together if we had more time to spend there. There was also a lot of space inside the lobby where breakfast was served for getting together with your group after breakfast hours. The exercise room was sufficient and clean. I used it one day. The rooms were clean and light with nice plantation shutters. Each of our rooms had a nice desk area, fridge, but no microwave. My only wish was that the pool stayed open later than 10 pm for our softball girls. They did not get to swim most nights because we were back too late from games and dinner. They did enjoy time together around the property but were not able to get in the pool. They lock it up. This hotel was convenient to all kinds of restaurants and shopping. We would stay here again. It was a very nice experience. Thank you to Dina in group sales for arranging our group stay.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side/interior room for sure. Not a parking lot side room. I liked the building acros...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I loved your review of us and want to thank you for taking the time to write it. It was wonderful having you stay with us and meant a lot to the team when they read everything you wrote. Many guests have asked us to keep the pool open later but our issue is that the same amount of guests call the desk around 9pm asking when the pool is closing because they can't sleep with all the noise. As a hotel we want every guest to have a wonderful stay and we work to find the happy medium and sometimes that doesn't always work. I do apologize your girls weren't able to enjoy the pool after their games though, I have children and know exactly what it feels like when the pool is closed by the time we arrive back to a hotel and for that I am sorry. I hope to see you all back again in the very near future, thanks again for the wonderful survey.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was very small and husband and I felt very cramped. Also, when I checked in, I was surprised that my room (which had a door directly to the outside) faced a dark heavily wooded area. This did not seem very safe. Also, horrible traffic on the road outside of this hotel due to construction. I would not consider this hotel "business traveler friendly". Lots of families with children and not good monitoring of the hot tub area. I was going to use the hot tub at the end of my day and there were at least 8 kids in there unsupervised.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know that I already responded to your survey however I just wanted to thank you for writing the review as well. I hope the remainder of your summer is excellent and thanks again.