“good time was had by all!”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place was clean, the staff was competent and friendly and I'll definitely stay there again. The breakfast buffet was really good. We booked a suite and had plenty of room to spread out. Beds were very comfortable and sheets were soft. I read other reviews and people expressed disappointment that it was more a motel style hotel than they expected and while the entrances are outside, my daughter and I never felt even a little unsafe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip on Trip Advisor, it was very much appreciated. I too love our suites and find them very spacious as well as I love the idea of being able to drive directly up to your door just like at home but even closer, LOL...I hope you can have a return visit with us very soon and thank you again for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We read the reviews on this hotel and decided to book it. We had a first floor room, pool side. Based on the previous reviews, we knew the rooms were a little small, but we were only showering and sleeping in them. The staff at the front desk was awesome. David was the consummate professional and gave us some great advice and direction. For the money, the hotel was excellent. We could have stayed closer to the beach in a resort hotel, but the cost was outside of our budget. We specifically went to Clearwater to go the Marine Aquarium and see Winter and Hope the dolphins. It was easy to navigate from the hotel. The hotel was clean; the food was what you would expect from the Hampton Inn, which is not to say it was bad, it is to say that it was hot, good, and plentiful. The pool was very nice. It also had a kiddy pool with a waterfall. Overall great stay. I would recommend it. I, my wife and my 9 year old daughter enjoyed our stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: I would recommend a first floor room if you have coolers, suitcases, etc. Pool side was very quite...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time and I hope that you enjoyed the aquarium as well. They are actually trying to move winters home even closer to us over on Coachman Road. We are waiting to hear but if they do then it should be open near the end of 2015 or first part of 2016. We are excited about the move and hope it goes thru as planned. Thanks again for the wonderful Reveiw and David wanted me to thank you as well. Have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Horrible experience. Pool towel were for little kids. Room didn't feel clean at all, pool was dirty and the toilet stayed running all night so no sleep. We had a big group go and one person laid down on the bed and it collapsed. Didn't finish the trim work when it got remodeled.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christi S
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I know that I have already responded to your survey and am waiting to hear back from you however I also wanted to reach out to you here as well. Our team works hard to make sure every guest has a wonderful stay and we failed to do that for you and for that I apologize. We continually learn, train and strive to be better each day and the only way to do that is from surveys, reviews and guests telling us not only where we go wrong but were we go right as well. Once again please accept my apologizies and I look forward to hearing from you soon concerning the lack of service and cleanliness you received during your time with us. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your week.

beki.lewie@hilton.com

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here one night to attend a wedding early the next day in Safety Harbor. Very, very nice pool area including the child's pool with waterfall. Very clean and the foliage around the hotel and pool area was nicely maintained and very pretty. Towels are noodles were provided by the hotel for free. The free breakfast area was large compared to other Hampton's we've stayed at, including the outside eating area which was in view of the pretty pool area. The room was very nice but lacking a small fridge and microwave which was needed by our family. However, the room was clean and updated. Beds were comfy. Other comment was that the water pressure was lacking, but all in all would stay here again. Restaurants and drug stores were very close by car. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the pool. Hotel is an updated motor lodge with rooms on the outside. There...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for writing the review you did, it was very appreciated. I mention this at least once a week because so many other guests state the same thing you did concerning the fridge...I too wish we had them for each room however until we get renovated we only have them in the suites and for that I am sorry. I myself know how much nicer it is when traveling to have a fridge and microwave in my room. It's frustrating to fill a cooler, have the cooler sweat all over the place as well as everything you take out is wet from the melting ice. We do have a few fridge's that we can move room to room however it is based on first come, first serve on the day of arrival so we often can't fufill each guest request when we are busy. I do apologize that your water pressure was not up to standards when you were here. It actually is the City of Clearwater and this issue should be resolved over the next month or two. They are having to drain certain pipes in order to continue the construction on the bridge and US 19 but feel that portion of the job is almost done. I am happy you enjoyed your time with us though and we look forward to your return. Have a great rest of the summer and thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

A great location for our trip to Clearwater to golf and see some baseball. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The pool area is very nice. Lots of places nearby (walking distance) to grab a bite to eat. We will be returning!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am happy you had a wondeful time while staying with us. You are correct, there is many locations to eat at that are in walking distance. Lenny's Clearwaters #1 diner voted 5 years in a row as well as the tilted kilt which is like an upscale sports bar with great food. Around the corner from their is a mexican restaurant as well as a Buffolo Wild Wings. If your feeling for a little longer walk we have Carraba's, Joe's Crab Shack, Smokey Bones, the original Hooters, Wing House and many more all within a 1-2 miles walk as well. I am looking forward to your return visit and have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Very clean and convenient in my travels. The breakfast was good and kept clean. Nice and quiet, even though there was a youth baseball team enjoying the pool. I would stay here again. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for writing a review for us. The staff wanted me to personally thank you for your kind words as well as the score you gave them for service and cleanliness, it means a lot. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the pool area even with the teams in that we had. We look forward to your return and hope that the rest of your summer is excellent. Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn was home for the last two weeks while in town on business. I really liked the layout which really gave it a nice relaxing tropical feel. The long porch overlooking the pool area was very enjoyable. I spent a lot of evenings just sitting there and enjoying the serenity of the surroundings. The rooms were always kept clean and were fairly comfortable. Of course nothing beats home.
The staff was extremely great. Even when there was a large group of girls staying for a softball tournament. They were able to keep up with the girls during breakfast and were always in good spirits.
The only complaint would be that the ice machines didn't seem to work very well during my second week.
If I'm ever back in town I will try to stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank DHJ730

I am so happy that you chose us for your home away from home while in the Clearwater area. It made me happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the patio area as well as our beautiful courtyard because many guests here on business don't get that chance so I am glad you did. I do apologize about the ice machines. They are working fine it's just being an exterior property many guests may use that opportunity to ignore the signage that states, "Guest room ice only, no coolers, please". By this being ignored it doesn't take long to empty an ice machine when one person right after the other fills their cooler up. We try to watch out for that and stop it when we can however we obviously didn't do that great of a job over the time you were here and for that I apologize. I hope to see you back again very soon and have a great rest of the summer.