“Clean, comfortable, good value in a central location”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #65 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 19 December 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night using hilton honors points. We were a little leary of our stay because of some of the previous posts. We were assigned on the first floor to room 110. We were pleasantly surprised by the entire stay. The checkin staff was friendly and quick. She gave us good directions on where to park and how to find our room. The room was neat as a pin and the furnishings appeared to be updated. The bathroom was so-so in terms of updating, but very clean otherwise. The beds were comfortable and the sheets and blankets were soft. They had our child's pack and play crib in the room as requested upon arrival. The location is very close to a mall and dining and other area attractions. The breakfast was average with a good variety offered. Complimentary coffee at breakfast as well as in our room.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 21 October 2009

I stayed in room 184 on 10-20-09. I am a HiltonHonors member w/Diamond status. I stayed at this hotel in last 2 weeks w/no problem and 2 or 3 times in the last year w/no problem. On this stay I killed over 70 BUGS IN MY ROOM! These were not dead bodies of bugs, but real and alive. My photos only show the worm like bugs, but there were also ant and mite like bugs too small to be seen by my cell camera. The gentlemen on staff I spoke to in the evening said, "oh, you think that is bad you should see back there..." and motioned with his head in the direction of the rear of the motel. I checked out 2 days early. I was not asked why I was checking out by the morning staff and no one mentioned Hampton's 100% Guarantee. Frankly, I hope they use my $79.64 to contract with a pest control company. I would rather sleep in my car and bath in the gulf of Mexico than spend another night in the creepy crawly world of hampton inn clearwater on hwy 19.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank redman33
Reviewed 1 October 2009

This Hampton Inn is the flagship of Hilton quality.
Things just don't get any better.
It's an easy 12 minute drive to beautiful Clearwater Beach. Numerous restaurants and shopping centers are just minutes away.
The entire faculty, including the pool, is spotless.
The rooms are very competitively priced and the hot and cold complimentary breakfast is second to none.
Stay here and enjoy life !

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Large rooms that appear to have been upgraded with tack-on components. Minimalist beachfront distressed look, weathered and looking like a mid 1950's two-story garden style motel. Gentlemen's club next store and storage facility behind hotel ... some sort of late evening construction was going on. Three times heard desk staff unwilling or unable to provide directions to hotel. Nice rush of small lizards while walking to breakfast. First Hampton I have been really disappointed with.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2009

they switched us from room to room during their busy month which is march. they were very confused about who was where ? we had reservations months in advance. they jerked us around and i complained to the corporate office. the new female manager appeared to be way in over her head and should have stuck with fast food.nice place and i stayed three years in a row but never again. nice place just bad management.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jr19114
Reviewed 20 July 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at this Hampton Inn. It is probably the cleanest hotel in the area and everything is very comfortable. Breakfast is great with the eggloaf and other hot items. Everyday there was something different to eat. The cleaning staff kept everything clean and in order. The pool area is very relaxing and clean. A park like setting within the court yard. Price is right in the summer time, but it can be pretty high during the snowbird season. Its well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ramones07628
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My entire family stayed here during a family reunion for 3 nights. The staff were extremely helpful and accomodating during the entire event and they even placed all rooms together so we would not bother other guests and could visit more easily. The grounds were beautiful, rooms were clean, smelled fresh, and were serviced promptly each day. We used their banquet room for a dinner/dance and it was perfect. Breakfast was hot and the assortment was adequate. The pool was very clean and towels were provided. There is lots of parking. This reunion turned out great thanks to the Hampton!

• Stayed: July 2009