“Excellent”

Ranked #61 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Thomasville, Georgia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here Tuesday night this week, 8-23.

This place is a little hard to get to if you miss your turn but once you get checked in, it was very nice. I really enjoyed my room, the price was perfect and there is a national restaurant right in the parking lot.

Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Bellmawr, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We have stayed at the Wingate many times over the years and found the hotel to be extremely clean, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself offers many amenities. I would just suggest that they the bathrooms be updated. They are still the same as they were originally. Not that this is a bad thing, just old. No handicap rails in the showers (unless that's in a special handicapped accesible room). Also, they could change up the breakfast menu. It's the same exact thing every single day. They have so many great qualities and the location is good too. I would stay there again, It just needs a little room updating. Everything else is great. The pool, the hot tub, the gym equipment, the internet (although they only have one computer that can get the internet), the lobby is great, the outside is always kept so clean.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mommomb
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 March 2011

king room was very large and well laid out. bedding was superb. workout room, whirlpool and outdoor pool were great. all areas of the hotel were clean and fresh. free breakfast was great, with ability to make waffles; eggs and breakfast meat were available each morning, and selection of pastries, cereal, juice and coffee was very good.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jkowalski68
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed in this hotel not just once but twice. I hoped that my first experience was just a fluke so decided to try it again. The reason was because it was close to my company's location. My first experience consisted of arriving late and being greeted by the desk clerk who had zilch customer skills. She barely greeted me and made no mention of what time breakfast started. When I checked in my room I looked on the hotel amenities sheet and found that it ended at 10:00 am. This was not correct. It ended earlier, so I missed the meal. The halls were not air conditioned, very stuffy and stale. I found a rather large cockroach crawling on my wall, and was grateful that none got into my suitcase and travelled home with me. My room faced the back of the hotel and I was staying on a Wednesday night so I was treated to loud music coming from a biker bar until about 10:30.

The second stay was even worse. The halls were still hot and stuffy. My refrigerator smelled like something died in it. The alarm clock did not work and there was no way to set the time properly. The front desk clerk this time was very helpful and explained that the clocks were set by the main location (whatever that meant) so he offered to get me another clock and delivered it promptly. The sheets on my bed did not fit the mattress and they kept pulling back revealing a large stain on the mattress. I also noticed that housekeeping had not cleaned the tub or wiped down the counters. When I brought this up to the front desk clerk he was apologetic and made sure these things were corrected by the next day. Still, I had already made up my mind that this hotel is very poorly run. Had another bad experience with another hotel brand in Clearwater so not sure if it is the area or not. Regardless, my company is closing that location so I won't be traveling there on business again, whew!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank SkysTheLimit_10
Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We booked this using Travelocity's "Top Secret Hotels" feature and we weren't disappointed. They were very accommodating with what kinds of beds/ what floor we wanted when we checked in- something you're not guaranteed when bidding or booking "blindly." They had a great breakfast- waffles, sausage, eggs, yogurt, etc. Spacious room. My only complaint would be that the bed wiggled some when my husband rolled around. There was a fridge (and we think a microwave- can't remember). No problems for a one-night stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ElyseWisconsin
Chicago
Reviewed 29 January 2010

This place looked nice and we signed up for two weeks. BIG MISTAKE!! Our toiletries were missing, we had to bring valuables and keep them locked in the car each day. Staff was never friendly, wouldn't even say hello, they just mumbled something. When we tried to discuss our concerns it was as if no one spoke our language. They would nod and mumble. We checked out early and explained our discontent and they said 'whatever.'
It was also noisy and obvious that more time was spent finding items to steal than actually cleaning anything. I will NOT stay and this (or probably any other) Wyndham again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Peeoui
Houston, TX
Reviewed 14 May 2009

This hotel has a biker bar next door which is great if you like tatoos, but awful if you want to sleep at night. We drove up to find police at the entrance and no less than 400 motorcyles at the biker bar adjacent to the property. If you like high crime and loud noise, stay here. Otherwise there are better choices nearby. If you ask the manager for a quiet room, he will tell you it is. Stay here once and you will learn the truth. Never again!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business