“A Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Lakeland, Florida
“A Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The customer service at this hotel was amazing. Check in and check out was extremely fast and all the staff were very friendly. The hotel was very clean and quiet...I couldn't have asked for anything more. It was convenient to the beaches, malls, and restaurants. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We stayed right above the pool in the first building and it was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the great review of the hotel and the staff! It's always so nice to hear that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

I have shared your comments with the staff and they were are delighted, too

Christine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ellettsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff truly made this hotel the place to stay! Michelle was phenomenal. I mentioned on check in day that I was interested in places to run. She told me a few places nearby, but what made her service exceptional was the next morning, someone had slid an envelope under the door with lots of great places to run, walk, or bike. There were descriptions and directions included. There were other times that we asked the staff for recommendations or directions and they have these great cards with directions printed out. Everything that was suggested to us was perfect. Everyone was so friendly; they would ask us what we had planned in the mornings or ask what we had done that day when we got back. It was really a feeling of coming back home each evening. Thank you Michelle and all for such a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the kind words about your stay and the staff. I must agree, Michelle is a "keeper". She is a tenured associate of the hotel and we all just love her!

I am glad to hear that you found our wide variety of direction cards to be helpful. I hope that you will get another chance to visit the Clearwater area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did a quick getaway for our anniversary. We felt so welcomed throughout the entire stay! We were provided with tons of information as to where to go and places to eat. The location is a bit of a drive from the beaches but totally worth it! The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff is very accomodating! We already have our next trip planned to come back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Christine S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor! It is always nice to hear that we have exceeded expectations.

Our area has so much to offer and the location is convenienent to so many fun things.

I am thrilled to hear that you will be coming back to see us again!

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The front desk staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly. When I checked in, they gave me the option of a room by the road, facing the parking lot, or facing the pretty pond out back, which was quieter. I appreciated being given that option, since I am a light sleeper. They were also helpful in suggesting nearby restaurants.The room was about the size of a regular hotel room, with a kitchen squeezed in. Kind of crowded for four people. The mattress on the sofa bed was so thin you could feel the springs, although the regular bed was fine. The tile in the bathroom needed replacing, and there were places in the bathroom and the wall in the room that had been patched over for damage. Some tile needed replacing on the vanity as well. Room seemed clean, but since it is older and showing wear, it was hard to tell. I understand that the hotel will be renovated this fall. The pool is about 10x20, very small. They serve a "light breakfast", which consists of cereal, oatmeal packets, whole fruit, and yogurt. They only have two tables in the breakfast area, which also doubles as the lobby. I guess you could always take it back to your room, which also has a table and chairs. The hotel is located near many restaurant options, from fast food to some better chains, and is a short drive from Tropicana Field. TownePlace Suites is on the budget rung of the Marriott brands, so you ultimately get what you pay for. Overall, I don't think you can complain for the price, and the location is good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christine S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept our sincere thanks for sharing your pleasant experience with Trip Advisor.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making there trip memorable. Our associates are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particulary pleased when we succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome.

Thank you again for staying with us!
Christine Sieber
Daytona Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We got a two bedroom suite. The bedding was nice but the rooms and kitchen are quite dated. The cooking utensils were worn and in bad shape. The suites are marketed as "fully equipped" however there was not a simple sauté pan available. The sofa bed was not cleaned (food crumbs were plenty). The pool was closed for the entire Monday morning. The staff however were great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you found the hotel to just "average". The hotel will be undergoing a full renovation starting in September.

I hope that you will be able to come back and stay with us again and have the opportunity to see of the improvements we will be making.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you again.

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Close to my work while in Clearwater. Very friendly and helpful mgr. exterior of property and grounds appealing. Everything is clean.

Interior of room very tired but again spotless. Breakfast was a pass even for free. Basic fare for continental. I wanted something hot and less carbs.

I generaly stay at the spring hill suites nearby but it too is getting tired so I thought I'd try some other properties in the area.

Would recommend for families needing the space on a budget. Lots of room for the money.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. It's always nice to hear feedback from our guest.

We are so excited about our upcoming renovation, which will start in September. I hope that you will have another opportuniyt to stay with us again and see our "new" look.

Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope we see you again soon!

Plymouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were really disappointed we wasted our Marriott points on this hotel. We were already on vacation at the in-laws and figured we would take the teens for one last night before travel to a nice hotel so they could swim and walk around the area before we flew back home. Big Mistake... The bed was comfy, BUT we had three teens with us so we booked two rooms, one was stuck on the pullout. The pullout was horrible, with springs were close to busting through the paper thin mattress. We took the down blankets from both beds and the blankets stored in both closets and laid them on top of the mattress, it really didn't help. Our bathroom was dirty, had a big crack/hole in the shower with a big glob of varnish stuck next to it. The kitchen, forget about it... There was caked dust on all surfaces. If I ever had planned to cook there and stay longer than one night we would've checked out. The pool was tiny, I can't really review it because as we pulled up and saw the size we ruled the morning swim before fly plan out. If you are looking to use Marriott points in the area go for the Courtyard same tier. When we went to have breakfast the next morning we went and looked at what we missed, woulda, should, coulda!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christine S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the TownePlaces Suites, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.

I appreciate your making me aware of the issues and corrective action will be taken. The hotel is scheduled for a full renovation with start early fall of this year. I hope that you will come back and stay with us and see our new decor.

Christine Sieber