Sleep Inn
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$367
US$332
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)
US$193
All reviewspool and hot tub areapieclearwater stpocket doorpete airportroom was cleanulmerton roadroad constructionmake your own wafflesearly flightone night stayyogurtfree breakfastbreakfast areanice breakfasthouse keepingi highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I stayed for two nights and the staff and room was lovely. Being at the end of the runway ( Clearwater/St.Pete) at times was short lived as far as noise. The room was very and I mean very clean, yet as the review stated before the jaccuzzi was under repairs ( no they were actually doing some work).
The breakfast was nothing special but all and all a fine enough hotel for the stay and its staff and the cleanliness of the room was the treat here.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank surfin1
Reviewed 19 August 2007

We spent last night at the Sleep Inn in Clearwater and have absolutely NOTHING bad to say. We had been on a cruise and got off the ship at around 10 am. We arrived at the Sleep Inn long before check-in but were allowed to go directly to our room.
The gentleman at the front desk was VERY polite and helpful to give us directions to Clearwater Beach. The room was very clean. My daughters went swimming and the pool was also very nice and clean. We had a very early check out since our flight left at 7am, so I cannot comment on the breakfast since we checked out before breakfast started.

For the $64 we spent, we were all very happy and satisfied with the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank DeeDee2
Reviewed 18 June 2007

I stayed at this hotel in March 2006 and 2007 and just wanted to add my 2 cents to what others have said.

The 3rd floor does have a detectable odor of smoke but the first floor does not. I asked to be moved and was accomodated. If you stay here, request the 1st floor.

The breakfast is ok for a quick bite to eat in the morning. If you expect gourmet, you'll be disappointed.

The internet is not 1st rate but its good enough to check email and do other short tasks. If you need to spend a lot of time connected, you will get frustrated.

There is plenty of parking in the back where there is also a hotel entrance

The pool is not that big but it was clean and the water is warm. I used it mostly in the late afternoon and it was never crowded. Also, it is located on the side of the building that gets sun in the afternoon which was nice. The hot tub worked fine during both of my stays.

I had no problems with housekeeping at all and found the staff to be friendly.

Bottom line is that this is a low priced, highway motel with limited ammenities. if you are looking for more of a resort type atmosphere, then you should look elsewhere and be prepared to pay significantly more. For me, I was in the area to attend spring training games, which means I was up and out every day. I needed a clean, comfortable place to stay that was convenient to the highways where I could take a late afternoon dip in the pool and get a good night's sleep. If thats what you are looking for, then this place will do the job.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank sxp4135
Reviewed 4 June 2007

My family stayed here for about a week recently. This is by far one of the most poorly run places I have been to.

We had hoped to use the pool and hot tub often. The pool is much smaller than it looks in photographs. The pool tempature was fine, but the hot tub never worked properly. The water in the hot tub was colder than the pool! When we asked the front desk person about it, we were told it was broken, but never offered information about if it was going to be fixed ( and never was during the time we were there) Also there is a sign near the entrance of the pool requesting that hotel guests please use the pool towels, but during the entire time we were there we never saw more than 2-3 towels in the rack and often it was empty.

While there we requested to use the laundry facilities, but were told not to bother, as the dryers were not working, but yet it seemed they were not going to bother to have them repaired.

The morning breakfast was okay at best. No variety at all during the week long stay. We often has to go to the front desk to ask for refills for the waffle mix, juices, syrup, ect.

Parking was inconvient. The front parking area was small and was filled by 5-6pm every evening. We often parked in the back, which required us to go through the pool area and into the hotel.

The housekeeping left something to be desired. We had to leave our towels in the hallway to be picked up because they were never removed from our room. We asked to have the floors vacumed daily, but it was never done. Trash was never removed either, so we had leave that out in the hallway too.

If in Clearwater, go elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank southtraveler1215
Reviewed 31 May 2007

I stayed at the Sleep Inn for a week in March 2007. My first impression when I walked in was slight disappointment. I realized I wasn't paying for a lot of luxury but I have stayed in Sleep Inn's that were nicer. My check in was efficient and I was on to my room. When I arrived on third floor, I was discouraged to smell smoke when all the rooms down the hall including mine were "no smoking". My room was stuffy which made the smell of smoke worse. This persisted all week. The hotel is right by the airport and there was a lot of noise from planes taking off and landing--especially by the pool. Not so relaxing. I didn't have a car as I was getting a ride to my meetings with another person. I struggled to find dinner each night as the only place to eat was Cracker Barrel (within walking distance). Final impression: Ok for a night's stay, but when I return to Clearwater again in September for another week I won't be staying at the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business