“Safety in room is an issue”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #35 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Memphis, Tennessee
“Safety in room is an issue”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Staying here for 4 nights. Checked in and went to our room. It was lovely. Looked brand new. Started to get into our suitcase and began to look for a luggage rack. Unable to locate one, hubby went down to front desk to get one. Was told they did not have them...What? There was one drawer in the room and I dont put my clothes in hotel drawers anyway. So only choice was to lift luggage to top of tall dresser. When we got back late the first night we noticed there was no safety latch at the top of the door. To make matters worse the deadbolt did match up with the door facing so would not work. The peephole is so high I cant stand on my tiptoes and see out. (I am 5'6"). I have been given a key to a room that was occupied so I know it can happen. We are on the third floor, which has been renovated. No we didnt go back and ask about the safety latch. But after the luggage rack we assumed they would tell us they didnt have them either. The third night it was storming when we got to the hotel and the front parking lot was full. We investigated and found there was a rear door. Hubby got out in pouring rain and tried several time to open door with room key. Thinking it may be his key because he had problems with it on previous days, I got out in the pouring rain and my key wont work either.....We got back in the car and went back to the front entrance and I asked at the front desk about the rear entrances and the clerk replied Oh, the room card readers dont work. Have not had the breakfast but it seems to be the normal and area is very well kept. As I began, the hotel itself is beautiful, the room is spacious and lovely, the bed is wonderful. If I was rating the hotel by the appearance of the lobby, breakfast, and room amenities I would definitely rate it a 5. But if I am killed in the middle of the night, none of that matters much.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank momn10ec

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Been staying in this hotel on and off for several weeks and thought I would voice my opinion. In this price range this is the cleanest and best appointed of the limited service hotels I have used while in the Clearwater area. The place is absolutely clean, VERY quiet for an airport property and the staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast is decent, same stuff as most of the other hotels in this price range, but always well stocked and fresh, never looking picked over. I travel on business and the wifi generally works very well. Have had some issues, but I called the front desk and it was back up almost immediately. Its convenient to Carillon (office park) and there are decent restaurants close by. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room, they have been renovated!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
minnesota
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Price was reasonable during the busy first week of April. Accommodations were nice and clean. Breakfast was the standard continental breakfast fare along with make your own waffles. Elevator broke down while we were in it. Took about 10 minutes to get us out (thankfully no fire dept call was needed!). Fine place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was a little concerned when booking this room because it was so cheap but to much of my surprice it was very nice and clean. The third floor is currently remodeled and looks awesome. Staff was nice and the breakfast was pretty good, enough to fill you up without having to spend the money going out for breakfast. There is a lot of fast food resturants close by, cracker barrell, and CVS pharmacy but really nothing to do. Nice being close to I275 and other highways. About 20min plus to the beaches. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor as they are remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Busy104
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Low rate luxury hotel free delicious breakfast comfy beds all stores close by 20 minutes to the sand key beach beautiful pool hot tub behind airport but at the same time here you find peace n quiet cause the noise from airplanes is minimal actualy we were amaze been in the pool and watch the planes landing my kids were very excited to see that and if you are a business person you would not regret to stay here I definetly recommend this hotel we stayed for two nights and came back home today and already planning to go back for four nights in July.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank worshiper
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stay in this hotel twice a week and have been doing so for almost two years. The new renovations are incredible. I will never even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank FernBeta
OrlandoFL
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Paid $80 incl.tax. Checked in at 10pm out at 7am. Huge room. No Kleenex. Clean room. No noise. Met expectations considering the room rate.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business