“Good value.”

Ranked #39 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Indianapolis
“Good value.”
Reviewed 22 February 2009

This was a nice stay. It was a good value for the price. Breakfast was excellent and they even had good, fresh doughnuts. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, even though the Florida weather was a bit colder than normal at this time of the year. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. There were several restaurants and shops in the area. Easy interstate access. It was probably 15 minutes from the beach.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 January 2009

The whole hotel and my room was very clean. Housekeeping does a good job. The hotel staff was friendly and ready to help with any problems. The hot tub was too cold and I requested they warm it up. The hotel staff took care of the problem quickly. It was nice relaxing in the hot tub. I liked having the Tampa Tribune newspaper delivered to my door each morning. They also have free USA Today newspapers in the lobby. I enjoyed having my own coffee in the morning in my room, as they have coffeemakers in each room. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaints are that the pillows are too soft and mushy. Also, the peepholes on the doors are too high. The hotel is very close to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport, but the noise level was very tolerable. The location is good, with I-275 and tourist attractions close by. There are several fast food restaurants, a Starbucks, and CVS near the hotel. This place would've been perfect if only they had a refrigerator in every room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Very clean hotel. Fantastic service.
  • Disliked — The pillows were too soft.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2008

My girlfriend and I just returned from a vacation in Tampa / St. Pete area that was cut short due to Tropical Storm Faye. I have immediately family in the Pinellas Park area of Florida so we didn’t want to overcrowd their home during our visit but didn’t want to spend a fortune on a room. I was a bit skeptical when booking a Sleep Inn and even more skeptical when using my girlfriend’s work discount seeing a price of 39.99 a night. I am happy to report after a 3 day stay I have nothing overly negative to say about the property. Our room was nothing fancy but was very clean and decently comfortable. The hotel itself seems to be very quiet as we heard no noises during our 3 night stay. Housekeeping was prompt and cleaned the room daily and was always pleasant and said hello when passing in the halls. The continental breakfast was nothing fancy but was nice for such a low price. My only minor complaint is while we were using the pool area one morning there are several hornets and bees buzzing around, and we observed one guest who got stung by a hornet. Really not much the hotel can do about this situation as it is Florida and there is just a ton of bugs some of them that can sting as well, just a warning to other guests to watch out. Other than that I definitely recommend using this Sleep Inn located right off of 275 in Largo/ Clearwater as it was a pretty unbeatable value for the money.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Bees in the Pool Area
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Bowling Green
Reviewed 11 July 2008

We stayed July 7 - 11, 2008. We had an excellent experience at this hotel. It was built like every traditional Sleep Inn, but found the pool and hot tub to be especially nice, and recieved excellent service. We requested that a refridgerator be placed in the room for our 3 day stay, and had one delivered not long after arriving. The room was very clean, with wireless, (or wired) high speed internet that actually worked with little trouble. There were in room movies and a good variety of channels on our television. The manager accommodated a 12:30 check out so that we could make the most of the lovely pool, which we had to ourselves almost day we were here. Ulmerton Road set us not more that 15 minutes from the beach, and there was easy access to most any restuarant we could want. A review above noted a "strip club" across the street::: we would have never noticed it. Not in a seedy area, four lanes across the road sat a classy (if they can be classy) gentleman's club, but one that didn't intrude on the landscape, and didn't "jump out at you" from the hotel. We easily got directions from hotel staff, and felt that we got personalized service at every turn. We had the traditional condinental breakfast, but also had hot waffles at breakfast time. The hotel looked lovely outside and in, and I would recommend that others consider this hotel when looking for a spot in Clearwater. We will stay here every time we return to this beautiful area. We also used reward points to stay, and got no flack at all about our "zero balance" when we left. We are a couple and a 9 year old, and it actually satisfied every one of us.

Stayed July 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 25 June 2008

Very impressed, extremely clean, the landscaping was very nice hence the pool area very inviting, for $53.99 a night well worth it!

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — the airport behind us
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Amberg, Germany
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Stayed for 2 nights in April at the sleep inn. we liked that place, room very clean, jacuzzi a good place to relax after dinner.
Breakfast not onlx "sweets". Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank oktoberfest
ontario
Reviewed 13 March 2008

My family and I had booked 2 rooms for Friday March 7,2008 but unfortunately did not arrive because of a weather issue and cancelled flight from Niagara Falls New York. I did not find out of the final cancelled flight until after the 6:00 pm no refund policy. When I called the girl on the front desk she said no one was available to refund the rooms. I even requested that she try and rent them as she said that they had no vacancy even though there were many stranded people trying to get home. I had booked these rooms 8 months in advance and was really looking forward to staying with them as their reviews on tripadvisor had been so positive. Since my final arrival in Florida I have attempted numerous times to contact the manager but no luck. Their front desk staff were not very courteous - completely different than other reviews. Even the corporate office of Choice Hotels has not been helpful claiming they are only a booking platform and do not get involved in the individually owned properties. I am not impressed with their customer relations and would recommend a Starwood Property from now on as we had a similar situation happen on an earlier vacation and they were very accomodating. With this holiday I ended up paying for 4 rooms - 2 in Clearwater and 2 in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family