“Great for our soccer team!!!!”

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great for our soccer team!!!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for the Largo Halloween Soccer Tournament. We were very impressed with this hotel!! They had a separate breakfast area for all the sports teams that were staying in the hotel. The breakfast was included at no extra cost (not to mention that we got a GREAT rate on the room!). It was one of best breakfast buffets that we have ever had in all our stays at different hotels. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. On Saturday evening, we were able to bring in our food from Olive Garden and use the atrium area. We had about 30 people in our party. They even cleared the area with the television so we could watch the Florida game with our boys. All of our parents thanked me for finding such a great hotel for us.

Manager Bob Sauerwine is great and very friendly. He actually taught me a little more about soccer!! Thanks, Bob!!!!

Yes, we heard the planes, but only after 7:30 in the morning, and by then, we were well on our way to the soccer fields. I would highly recommend this hotel for a sports function. We will stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Milton, Georgia
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just an ok stay. Room was very clean, had been renovated. Overall hotel old and smelled musty. Service was ok. Won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank goliathtn
Lanaken, Belgium
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Hotel close to Clearwater airport, so don't complain about airplanes flying in and out. You can maybe ask to get a room at the opposite side of the runway. Staff is friendly and stays loyal to the hotel (I recognize a couple of them already from my recent stays). Rooms are basic and clean. The interesting thing about this hotel and that sure differentiates from others in the same area (and at this rate) is the restaurant and the bar. Food is good and the bar looks like a sportsbar, but isn't really one, but at least you have a spot to wind down after a day at work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the runway.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 September 2011

While I was in the Holiday inn in St.Pete Clearwater staying at the hotel that the school had booked us for class which happen about once a month.I was saying to one of my classmate that i wish that the breakfast would include some Turkey for me because I don't eat pork and just as i was saying this chef Keith walked though and heard me as i was talking and he told that tomorrow that he would have turkey bacon just for me.Low and behold the next day he had it.I don't mine feeling special but i think that you should put it on the bar for those that don't eat Pork for any reason!Thank/you Minister Walker A MIGHTY BLESSING FROM THE ALMIGHTY GOD! Thank/you CHEF KEITH.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Cocoa, FL
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I just recently stayed here when I was in town on business along with 9 other co-workers and we all had a great experience. All of the rooms looked like they had been renovated very recently, probably within the last year. The outside of the hotel looks a little old, but the inside including the lobby, restaurant, bar and rooms look brand new. The rooms were extremely clean and none of the smelled of smoke. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and I have been coming to this Holiday Inn (3535 Ulmerton) for the past 6 years...He began coming here on buisness and we chose this hotel for our friends and family vacations. When we were married in Clearwater 3 years ago we stayed here with family and they had great experience. everyone was so helpful. front desk, housekeeping to restaurant and bar staff always helpful and friendly. thanks to the bartender who got me milk late at night for my baby when i forgot to buy some...thanks :)

Room Tip: we like 2nd or 3rd floor pool view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Deltona
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I felt like I should write about this place because people should know how great it is. I travel for business and have stayed at other places but when I am there I feel at home. All of the staff are very friendly and willing to help out. I love the room as it is clean,smells nice,and has everything that I need. I love the fact that it has a nice bar inside the hotel so I can get a drink and food and not have to go anywhere. The people who work the bar are friendly and knowledgeable about the food as well. I also have to talk about the management staff as well because they are great, they are friendly, approachable,knowledgable, and make you feel good about staying there. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet if you are looking for a quick meal in the morning if you do not want to go out and get something. Like I said, I travel for business and have stayed at other hotels before but when I am in the area I always go there and recommend it to everyone who plans on staying in the area.

Room Tip: Ask about the 5th Floor because there you have a great view of the city and special perks.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business