“Great Place to Stay in Pinellas County”

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater
Ranked #28 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sunny Central Florida
“Great Place to Stay in Pinellas County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to attend 2 back-to-back Rays' games and stay over rather than drive home late at night. Our non-smoking King room was clean, quiet, and well appointed. Everyone on the staff from check-in desk, to breakfast staff, to bar tender were friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The only hiccup is the road construction on Ulmerton which requires a little effort to find the driveway. We will return! We did not use the pool & spa, but I was impressed by the fact they have a handicapped lift to assist wheel chair bound guests into the small but inviting looking pool. Hence I took a photo to post with this review. Great job folks and loved the cupcakes and lemonade to celebrate Holiday Inn's 62nd birthday. The breakfast buffet is $9.95 incl coffee and orange juice.

Stayed July 2014
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Happy FLTRavelers,
WOO HOO! How cool that you were able to celebrate with us for Holiday Inn's Birthday! Great picture of our pool. Yes, we all agree the construction on Ulmerton Rd. is a inconvenience however when it is completed it will be so awesome and guests will love it. Thank you for recognizing our service. GO Rays! and Thank you for the kudos! We hope you stay with us again next time your in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent hotel, convenient, great amenities and customer friendly. Special thanks to Dave and Steve (drives), Leslie (great gal at the pub), and to Allison, Jake and Tina at the Front Desk. We stay at this facility very often and we definitely love it and will come back again and again. The rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very good with plenty food to chose from. Overall, a great place to stay with very caring and friendly employees.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear TL-Alex,
Yippee......I am so pleased that you recognize our caring and friendly staff. I am so pleased to share this positive review with our team. Recognizing specif employees shows me they went out of their way to create a memory for you. This is what we have worked so hard for over the last few months. Guests who are seeing us because we see you! We look forward to your return.
Wayzata, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Unbelievable!!! This hotel is better than home!! They treated me like a celebrity! I spend about half my life in hotels all over the U. S. for work, and I'm hard to please. I never take the time to write reviews, but I must this time. These folks are the greatest! I used the shuttles everyday, and got to know the drivers, Tom, Steve, Dave, and Mark, who are all very capable, friendly, and proactively helpful. Significantly better than almost all other shuttle drivers I've known. The front desk staff, Haley, Whitney, and Allison (sorry if I'm misspelling any of your names), were warm and caring, and genuinely eager to assist me in any way. They were all busy helping other guests when I asked for additional coat hangers, so a maintenance man who overheard my request ran to get them for me. I went to the bar for dinner my first night there, and the hotel managers, Kim and Austin, came over to make sure I had everything I needed. We sat and talked for quite some time, and I could clearly see who makes this hotel as special as it is! Everyone there reflects their exceptional attitude. They introduced me to the bartenders, Lesley and Matt, and asked them to pay particular attention to my needs (although I could see that Lesley and Matt do that for everyone). Another guest and I commented on how good the food was, and Kim called the chef to our table so we could tell her personally. These folks all make you feel like you belong in their hotel, and it's obvious how glad they are to have you there! They take great pride in catering to each guest's every whim. They even have this terrific activity in the summer -- "dive-in" movie night at the pool with popcorn and everything. I'm not kidding when I tell you I absolutely felt like I was among family (actually, my family doesn't even treat me that well)! I will ALWAYS stay at this Holiday Inn whenever I'm in the area. Be sure to ask Lesley for a Rogerita -- the best drink I've ever tasted!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Roger B,
WOW! We are humbled by your detailed review. This review has been posted in all employee areas. They need to know they are making a positive impact. So many times they get the negative of what they could have done or what they did not do, so to have a review that was so positive has made an impact on the hotel team. This has encouraged them to continue pushing to achieve excellent service. That is why we made our career in Hospitality to provide service to those traveling and are away from home and sometimes family. The culture we are trying to create is exactly how you described it. Thank you Roger B for recognizing us,as we sure value you and enjoy your visits. As always we look forward to welcoming you home.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and the service adequate. No complaints other than there were lots of ants. Don't leave any food out or you will attract tons of ants. Not sure if hotel problem or just area problem. Otherwise great experience and would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Taytum2005
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Greetings Kristen R,
I apologize for the ants. I hope you alerted front desk so we could mark our pest control log. We have regular service sometimes with our extended stay groups that leave their food out can be challenging for other guests, so at these times our pest control company makes a special trip to treat isolated areas. Other than that we are pleased your experience with the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg N Clearwater was a positive one.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had a wonderful stay and every one from the front desk, Whitney, Allison to house keeping Caroline went out of their way to make sure I was taken good care of. The rooms were nice and clean everyday. The food was always hot and tasty each morning per chef Ms. Sandra and the wait-staff Shaun B and Thomas were so wonderful,professional and anticipated your every need! The evening cooks were excellent as well. I must mention the food always tasted freshly prepared. Kristen the bartender made the best drinks ever! The other bartenders Lesley and Matt were great too. The shuttle drivers Dave and Mark were so kind and got you to your destination safely and efficiently. Even the Dollar car rental staff was great, Alex, Javier and Kenny. The decor was beautiful,relaxing and everyone was so accommodating. There was a very kind gentleman that I met close to my last day there funny he had whitish colored hair and was so jolly. I think his name was Bob or Tom at any rate he made m/ feel right at home. In short I had a wonderful stay there. If I were to every return to Clearwater,Florida; I would only stay at the Holiday Inn on 3535 Ulmerton Rd. Thanks everyone for such a great experience!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank B R
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Greetings BR,
All I can say is by far, this is one of the most amazing Trip Advisors I have been privileged to review and respond to. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I have printed many copies and shared with our team. There are no words that can say thank you enough except I am pleased that our staff gave you a positive and memorable experience.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was there for work. Everyone was always so nice and accommodating. No mater what questions I had or what I needed everyone would try to help. The front desk ladies were always helpful when asked about best places to go to shop or eat. Steve at the front desk was Wonderful!! He helped out with a sticky situation that happened w/a taxi van service. He went out of his way to make things right. Plus, he was very easy on the eyes. :) I ate breakfast there every morning and couldn't ask for a better wait-staff. By week 2 they were spoiling me with my daily morning oat and honey bar. Awesome group. The 2 ladies and gentleman that worked in the bar were always nice and took care of getting my food a few nights while also working the bar. Always smiling and efficient. The van drivers were the BEST!! Many nights they hauled me and my co-workers to a place to eat. They were all so friendly! Telling us about the area. Places to go or not to go. They were safe drivers and I didn't have to worry about getting around. The only complaint I have and it's so small it's hardly worth mentioning. I only had maid service a few times, as if I needed towels exchanged I'd just catch her in the hall and do it myself. The first time she cleaned my room she threw away my shampoo and cream rinse I had brought from home. It was in small sample bottles. Yes, she left more, but it wasn't what I had brought.
The area was safe feeling. Walked to local places and even after dark I felt safe. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone traveling in that area.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor. Bed was very comfortable and pillows were soft and firm. (Both kinds were pr...