Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center
Ranked #46 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Orlando, Florida
“Cockroaches”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Every Tuesday I stay in Tampa for my internship. Because of the pictures and of what people had told me about the hotel, I checked in at 11:30 pm on Tuesday 10/23/12. They didn't have the cheaper room and it was my fault as I didn't make any reservations. The room was very nice, even though was expensive for an unpaid intern.
Before going to the shower I saw a huge cockroach on the carpet at the left side of the TV. I killed the bug and got very upset about it. Went to shower. When I came back i was surprised to see another cockroach eating the dead cockroach that I left there. I was mad at that point because I just can't stand this creature. Then I started to wonder how many others would be hidden everywhere in the room. I had trouble getting to sleep because I was afraid they would walk over me. The next day I complained. I even showed her the picture I took from the cockroaches and the girl that was on the reception gave me a "15" (of 135!!) dollars discount and said she was going later to talk to the manager to give me more discount or maybe a good deal on the next week. Four days had passed and I didn't receive a call or email from them so I wrote an email to the hotel. Never got any apology or any answer from them. I booked in another place this week.

1 Thank Renato198
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the problems you experienced. We are a new management team at this property and we are working closely with each department to ensure our rooms meet the highest standards and that our guest are 100% satisfied with their stay. I will personally address the lack of communication with our staff becasue I was not made aware of the situation. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Jayson Rivera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Our baseball team has stayed here in the past and this place used to be friendly. Seems that the staff has changed and management. Very sad to say that we stayed here for the friendly faces and customer service and that is no longer the case at this hotel. We will not be back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. As for your encounter with the staff, it is unfortunate you were not treated as a valued guest. I will personally work with the staff to improve on the way we interact with our guests so this does not occur in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so we can continue to improve as a hotel.

Somewhere
Reviewed 19 October 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was actually pleasantly surprised. I didn't find the hotel or my room moldy or musty smelling. We were upgraded to room 227, a suite. It was clean and fresh and we were surprised by how big the shower was. It was at least 4ft by 5 ft. All tiled. It had solid surface counter tops in the bathroom and there was another vanity are between the living room and bedroom with a sink and the blow dryer. The coffee pot had it's own spot on a shelf by the desk in the living room area. The bed was comfortable too. And the AC was quiet and not one of those window units. It's an actual AC unit like you have in your home. Now the only thing I was disappointed in was the breakfast. The breakfast room is tiny and there wasn't any waffles or pancakes like some other HI Expresses we've been to. But it is free.

Room Tip: We liked room 227.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. We're so glad
you enjoyed the spacious suite! Our pancake machine has been fixed and it has been our guests favorite each morning.

We certainly review all suggestions to try and improve customer service. We want your stay to be a positive one! So pleased you found our staff friendly and efficient and the amenities of the hotel to your liking.

Thanks again and we'll look forward to having you back some day.

Best regards,

Jayson Rivera and Staff
Crystal River
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I gave this Holiday Inn Express the best review possible in the past. Times have changed. This hotel was bought out and is under completely new management--not the friendly folks we talked about before. They raised their prices to the sky and have done nothing to warrant such an increase. To pay what they are charging for a hotel in this location is absurd. This hotel moved from our first choice to not even on our list.

1 Thank Sandy T
As the General Manager at this hotel, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from our guests. I am truly sorry that your first impression with the new management company was not our best. If you discover something below standards, we urge you to contact us right away. We want every guest's stay to be enjoyable, and we will quickly try to resolve any issue that may arise. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future so we can make this up to you.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is great! Super clean, great landscaping, friendly staff & always a pleasure staying here!!
I've stayed at this hotel at least 50 times in the last 3 years, no complaints! Shelby, front desk, is extremely helpful & always has a smile on her face. The maintenance and maid staff do an excellent job of keeping everything clean. It's a little far from the beach but the great values & superb service keep me coming back here time and time again. I truly Love this hotel and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2012
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Thank you so much for writing your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel staff takes great pride in making sure that all of our guests have a memorable stay. Come back and see us!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The hotel looks a bit old from the outside but it's a Holiday Inn so there is an expected level of cleanliness. When we first checked into our room and opened the door we were hit with a wave of musty moldiness -it was almost impossible to breathe! The room needed a dehumidifying and new carpeting as mold was growing on the carpet. There was also a stain on the linen. To the credit of the front desk - the woman changed our room immediately it appeared better but still old, musty, and moldy. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bella710
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear bella710,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in the our hotel soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stumbled across this hotel, thinking that the standard would be high being a Holiday Inn.... WRONG !! having a priority card we were was upgraded .... the hotel smelt musty, the corriderors were dirty and not been cleaned, on entering the room it seemed clean until we looked further. Bathroom had not been cleaned properly nor the toilet, dirty hand prints over the headboard and tables, stains up the curtains which looked like blood or make up... aircon was noisy and old... we did not find out till much later the carpet was soaked due to the aircon leaking which in turn made the room smell. Having informed the reception they said they would get the carpet dryers on it, we told them the whole thing needs lifting and replaced. If it was not later than it was we would of changed rooms but we were all tired.... thankfully we left earlier than expecting due to waking up to a coakroach on the carpet, felt like the room was crawling ... was glad to leave and would not reccomend this to anyone.....our rate was prime for this room, this hotel is not up to Holiday Inn standards..

Room Tip: Go else where...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are a new management team at this property and we are working closely with each department to ensure our rooms meet the highest standards and that our guest are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.