Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center
Ranked #45 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Tallahassee, Florida
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I reserved a room with two queen beds. When I checked in, I was informed that I was upgraded to a King suite. I said I needed two beds and was informed that there was a pull out couch. When I took out the bedding for the pull out couch, there were bloodstains on the comforter. After checkout, I was billed the rate for a king suite, not for a standard room. I visit the area often. I will not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SeminoleFan2000
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We are very sorry that not only did you receive the wrong room type, you were also charged for what should have been a complimentary upgrade. If you would please contact me, I would love an opportunity to make that right for you. I am truly sorry that we did not catch this error before you departed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 had mixed reviews. The hotel was nice and kept up to date with the decor. Staff were SUPER friendly and VERY helpful.

The outdoor pool and hot tub was great. The kids had fun and the hot tub was HOT!

Our room was ok, the beds were terrible. You could feel the springs as you laid on it. Our 7 year old daughter who weighs 40 pounds complained.

Breakfast was standard, no complaints. There is something for everyone.

Outside of trying to sleep... It was great.

Stayed December 2013
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I appreciate you sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your beds were uncomfortable. I appreciate you letting us know so we can make our rooms more comfortable for our future guests. Thank you again for sharing and for the great comments regarding our staff. We do hope when you visit Clearwater again, you will give us another try.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I work in the hotel business and travel all around. This hotel was absolutely outstanding. From the staff to the location. It's only 20 minutes to the beach and was a straight shot so you can't get lost. Many restaurants and stores within the 5 mile radius for the shuttle to take you to for free as well. Rooms are clean and the breakfast was well maintained. The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome. Can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Join their loyalty program
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all apprecite the great comments! We hope you come back again!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center over the Thanksgiving holiday. The daily room rate was great, the room was clean, convenient location, and I felt safe. They've made good progress with the quality of their bedding, but the detergent irritates my sensitive skin so I now travel w/ my own sheeting. The towel quality needs improvement, though. Also, it would be really nice to have the cookies back in the lobby instead of smelly popcorn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback, as this is what helps us to improve. I am very sorry that we did not have our cookies available in the evening during your stay. Our standard is to provide our popcorn, as well as our cookies in our lobby each evening. Please accept our apologies for not having them available. On your next visit please inquire at our front desk as to what time our cookies will be available because I want to be sure that you have the opportunity to enjoy them! Again, thank you for the feedback.
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

From the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out, everything in this hotel was first-class. The entire staff was very accommodating, professional and friendly - from the housekeepers, maintenance and front desk to the managers. The lady who worked in the breakfast room impressed me especially by her positive attitude and friendliness. Speaking of breakfast, the food was varied and delicious. The room had a nice size desk, plenty of electrical outlets, ample lighting, an over-sized fridge, microwave and a quiet air conditioner (especially important for me since I'm a light sleeper.) If you like to walk or jog, it's a safe area to do so. The fact that there are several restaurants within walking distance is great, since the hotel is on a major road and sometimes there's a lot of traffic congestion.

Room Tip: If you go to bed early don't get a room on the first floor near the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank writer11
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of your needs were met! We look forward to you visiting us again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a very good hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staffs are helpful and couteous. We spent only one night and overall the experience was good. The only reason I am giving it a 3 star is for not trying to understand guests situation. We had a early morning flight and needed to leave at around 6:00 Am. We had requested a basic pacjked "to go" breakfast (as the rate included FREE breakfast) but they didn't co-operated/ I feel this can be done and I had seen instances with hotels where they accomodate this. No hard feelings from my end but this could have been done.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the great comments, as well as the great idea for a "to go" breakfast. Definetly plan to share that idea with the team!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We arrived post-cruise at 10am. The hotel had been full the night before so we couldn't check in but the front desk staff allowed us to put our bags on a cart and kept it behind the front desk for us. We enjoyed the pool for a bit and then the shuttle took us to a nearby sports bar for some football action. When we called 6 hours later, they picked us up very quickly and we were checked in speedily at the front desk. There was still some popcorn left in the lobby too!

The rooms were very comfy and we wished we could have stayed longer. Had to leave before the shuttle started in the morning but the cab was only $10 to PIE airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the great comments! Our team is thrilled you enjoyed your experience and we do hope you come back to see us!