“Clean Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Lansing, Michigan
“Clean Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2008

This hotel was selected because we are Marriott Rewards Members and we had an early flight so we knew that we would not be spending much time in and/or around the facility during our one night stay.

We did have the opportunity to take advantage of a quick dip in the pool and a few minutes of relaxing in the whirlpool. Both were okay, however the pool setting was nothing great, especially considering we seen a couple of stray cats hiding in the bushes surrounding the pool. For someone who has a profound fear of cats, I could not enjoy the pool or whirlpool as much as I wanted to. The exercise room was adequate.
Front Desk staff during the afternoon, evening and early morning were quite friendly.
My only suggestion would be since this hotel is very close to the airport, and there are early flights, a continental breakfast should be available at 6:00 AM rather than 7:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday.
If I should be in the area again with a similar circumstance of needing to be close to the airport, I will choose the Springhill Suites.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — Surrounding area of the pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

I used this hotel for a 5 night stay in May, while visiting some friends living in the area and my brother who was driving down from South Carolina. I had the two double bed room to myself and found it more than adequate as far as space, towels, toiletries, etc... This would be comfortable for two, or a family with 2 adults and 2 children.

I had a room on the far corner on the second floor next to the stairwell and found it quiet enough to relax. I think the hotel was pretty empty during my stay as it was always quiet. I was facing the parking lot where I had my rental car parked and never had a problem with parking or safety. I never did see any sort of security though and as a young female traveling alone this always is a top priority I look for. The hotel is located right off a major main road, yet I never heard road noise or found any problems with it. There are a few other hotels located within walking distance of this one. The check-in process here was simple and quick, my room was ready when I arrived at around 12 noon. They let me cancel my brother's room an hour after I had already checked in because he had broken down on the way and ended up staying at another hotel.

The breakfast was adequate enough for me, as I am a light breakfast eater. They had bagels, waffles (pre-packaged), boxes of cereal, yogurt, fruits, juice, coffee, etc...

The high-speed interent worked well but its' not wireless in the rooms. They give you a long cable to hook into your computer and it reached from the desk to the beds with no problem.

The pool/hot tub is located in the back of the hotel outside, surrounded by trees and bushes. I tried to go swimming the morning before my flight but I found the pool to be FULL of leaves, bugs and other things I didn't want to swim with. I saw there was a net to clean it out but I wasn't about to do this myself, or wait for it to be cleaned, so I never got to enjoy this amenity.

The hotel is very close to the St. Pete airport (5-10 mins drive maybe) but I flew into the Tampa airport (about 20-30 mins drive). Everything you need is a close driving distance. There is a nice Publix supermarket about 1 mile away.

It took about 40mins-1 hour to get to Busch Gardens.
About 1.5-2 hours to get to Universal Studios.
About 30 mins to drive to Fort Desoto's Pier and North Beach (HIGHLY Recommended).
About 20-30 mins drive to Pier 60/Clearwater Beach, I went at night.
About 45 mins drive to get to Tarpon Springs, amazing Greek food!!!

Overall it was close enough to everything if you don't mind driving. I was able to cover all of these places in 5 days with no problems. I got a discount for using AAA so my rate was reasonable for the offerings. I would stay here in the future if I went back to area.

• Liked — Convenient spot near everything I wanted to visit, clean, good check-in/check-out, high speed internet
  • Disliked — Pool wasn't cleaned, no security visible
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank Shannon E
st helen michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2008

Was not expecting much since we usually stay at a bed and breakfast, but this place was to DIE for... I didn't want to go home.
Marvelous foam matttresses, and total comfy surroundings!!!
Your stay will be GREAT!!!

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2007

Clean, bright, well-maintained, with a friendly, helpful staff and easy road access to/from all directions. I'm a big Hampton Inn fan and had always considered Fairfield Inns to be slightly inferior, but this Fairfield Inn more than holds its own, despite being cheaper!
Decor and furnishings were above average, without any noticeable signs of wear. The bed was medium-plush and quite comfortable, with 4 (!) pillows. An armchair/ottoman and workdesk/chair provide adequate seating/working area. The sink/mirror area is compact, while the bath/shower/toilet room is fairly large. The complimentary soap/shampoo/conditioner are above average quality, and the water pressure is quite strong even on the top (3rd) floor, which is unusual (but very welcome!) in my Florida experience. The towels were nice and thick.
The free Wifi was easy to use in the room, without any passwords or other complexity; a wired Ethernet outlet is also available behind the desk, but I didn't have an ethernet cable along. The tube TV was fine and provided over 50 channels.
The free continental breakfast was above average; I especially appreciated the availability of nonfat milk and of (frozen) breakfast bagel sandwiches. There were also juice, yogurt, cereals, english muffins, packaged pastries, and fruit in the fairly large breakfast area/lounge.
The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful; I had no problems with a very late-night arrival. The parking lot seems large enough to accommodate a full hotel (and you will be needing a car, as this is not a "destination" location). The location is very convenient to main roads in all directions, and has a gas station, multiple fast-food restaurants, a few sit-down family restaurants and even a CVS pharmacy within a few blocks of the hotel.
This has definitely become my hotel of choice for the greater Clearwater area.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank ajMM
Surrey, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2007

We stayed four nights in this hotel, and enjoyed the experience greatly. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet. The pool was popular with our kids. The banana trees at the front of the motel are unusual for a Fairfield! Breakfast was OK but could have had a little more variety. Plenty of restaurants etc. nearby. Recommended.

• Liked — Clean, friendly, free internet access, location.
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidGeorge126
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2007

I stayed at this hotel because of the reviews. It did not completely meet my expectations, but it was a good stay. I've stayed at Fairfield in the past and they were better than this one.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel and room was clean, but the room has this awful moldy smell to it. After informing the staff early the first day the cleaning crew did something to reduce the smell. They also offered to change the room, but we were settled in the current room.

I would recommend staying here. If you have a problem with the room let the staff know early and they will help.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank ron3573
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

The hotel staff is one of a kind, they all go out of the way to help you in anyway they can. This is a very clean and quite hotel, I will stay here when I travel to the area.

• Liked — Staff and clean hotel
  • Disliked — nothing