“Good stay”

Ranked #36 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Detroit, Michigan
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here with my wife the night before our flight out of TPA. I didn't pay for anything as I used with Marriott Rewards points for a free night. The stay was pleasant and the individual who checked us in was very nice and helpful, even apologizing the printer was out of paper when we went to print our boarding passes. The morning breakfast was standard but fulfilling the morning of our flight with bagels,muffins, eggs, waffles, yogurt, etc. The ride to the airport was about 10-15 minutes and with minimal turns.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Even though your stay with us was a short one, we are very happy to hear it was a good stay. Our location is very central to all of Tampa Bay which makes it perfect for a quick overnight trip. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had a excellent stay at the Fairfield inn in Clearwater. Housekeeping stay was wonderful especially Ms Celeste, we were conversing and I mentioned that I parked a distance from the entrance then she informed me that she would be willing And able to sacrifice her parking spot for my comfort. That for me was the biggest act of kindness and a good demonstration of grade A customer service hope to see you again Celeste.

• Stayed November 2013
WOW! Thank you so much for the awesome comments about the service you received from Celeste! I am very excited to share this with her and the rest of the team. We strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are delighted we have made another fan of our hotel!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I don't remember her name, but she was working the PM shift when we checked in and she did a great job of making us feel welcome and checking us in. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, but were a little empty feeling lacking some decorations. My wife and I were looking forward to going to the hot tub that evening as well, but to our disappointment, it was out of service or at least appeared out of service.

Other than that, it was not a memorable stay, but the service was great and we always enjoy the breakfast and complimentary cookies!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and hope to use your comments to improve our hotel. The cookies and hot breakfast are always delicious and we hope you will come back soon!
savannah ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

All the workers i encountered here were friendly and spoke each time they saw you. Willam who worked the front desk was especially nice and helpful. he went out of his way each time i saw him to be friendly and helped me with different things i needed. the manager was also very pleasant. i really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and hope you will come back to visit us soon! Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for two nights, Sept, 2013. We were given a room on the second floor and found the room very musty upon entering it. We thought the musty smell was perhaps coming from the air conditioner. My husband checked the filter in the ac and saw that it was ripped. I requested another room and we were given a room on the first floor. This room also had a musty smell but the smell was not as prominent as the first room so we stayed there. However, this second room was a handicapped accessible room and the clothes rod hung low to the floor. Because of this we were not able to hang up a suit coat or my dresses. Also, I thought the vanity top in the bathroom was very small and we were not able to place all our toiletrieson it. On the plus side, the female at the front desk saw very nice and the free breakfast was great, offering fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, sausages, etc. The hotel room was also very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are all very disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Sometimes when we are at a higher occupancy, the only available room is handicapped accessible and we apologize this was an inconvenience for you and your husband. We work hard to provide the best experience for all of our guests and we hope next time we will exceed your expectations.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I choose this Hotel based on the reviews and pics from trip advisor! My family and I were super pleased! The entire staff was nice! The rooms were clean! The hotel was updated and it showed! The entire hotel looked and smelled clean! We spent 3 nights in the hotel, but unfortunately on the go our entire trip. I was a little disappointed that I did not get to spend more time at the hotel :) When in St. Pete again , I will definitely choose this hotel again! A+

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you so much for your raving review of our hotel! We work hard to provide the best for our guests and I am glad it showed! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Ocala, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

While the location was great, i was disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom. At first glance it seemed as if the toilet was permanently stained, but once it was being used the stains started to fade.
You would think if certain rooms are not used for a period of time that they would be freshened up...apparently not.the rest of the room was all right. Comfortable bed and pillows.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are always seeking feedback on ways to improve our hotel and appreciate your contributions. We hope that besides the hard water stains in the toilet, that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.