“What a Surprise”

Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #41 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well I had to make a late minute trip to St Pete, Clearwater area and watching my budget on this trip I made my reservation at the Fairfield Inn. Although I would normally stay at a full Marriott or at the least Courtyard, yes I did make the reservation at the FairField Inn.

Well when I pulled up I was surprised how clean the outside of the property was kept and the fresh looking building was a nice sight to see.

I was greated with a smile and friend individual at the front desk and was asked if I had a room prefrence (not use to that).

Went to my room and it was bright, very clean and laid out very nicely. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of lights to be able to work while in the room.

Went down for breakfast and the staff again was friendly, greated you with a smile and made sure you had what you needed.

I would defintly stay here again if I need to be in the St Pete/Clearwater area in the future.

Hat's off to the management and staff of the property.

Room Tip: No Resturant or Room Service but plenty of resturants in the area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

What a wonderful review! We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to do so. Full service Marriott properties are always a great choice, but we are really delighted you chose to stay with us this time. Our goal is to provide all of our guests a clean room and excellent service. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Upon reading several posts on the TripAdvisor I decided to give this location a try just for one night for the location to Carillon. Glad it was just exactly one night. "Hotel" is actually a MOTEL style. (Severly Outdated with mold in the corner of my room and corner of the hallway,Dim lighting at night where I had my rental car,Shady characters standing around early in the morning on the street,Slow and creeky elevator,Warm Air,Cold Eggs for breakfast,brownish colored bananas,warm bottled water at a charge). I shall continue. People working at this hotel were fine doing the absolute minimum expexted. Nobody went out of their way above and beyond their duties. Arriving into my room I was greeted by a strong odor of mold and cleanser. I immediately complained to the lady working but did not receive any type of sympathy what so ever.
Later that night I had to call for a wake up call but nobody answered my call. (I kept trying for over forty five minutes). During my departure process it was like an eternity waiting in line just like a heard of cattle trying to catch the remainder of the free breakfast. I handed my key to the gal standing at the desk with nothing to do and told her owner would be hearing from me relating to my disgust of stay. To make things better, Of couse Marriott never emailed me the survey so, that is why i am resorting to this blog.
I do not want compensation- I just want people to know how my experience was at this place.
So ashamed to have tried something new!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beach Momma J
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at our hotel. We are terribly sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. While our hotel is not the newest hotel, we were completely renovated 2 years ago and every staff member here works very hard to ensure every guest feels relaxed and at home. We apologize we did not meet those needs for you. Thank you again for your feedback, we will continue our path of continuous improvement.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I feel compelled to take the time to recognize Lava for the outstanding service that she provided to me and my family. After a long day with being in town for a baseball tournament and several changes to our schedules, we were looking for a place to lay our heads, relax and unwind. Lava greeted us with a smile and was very helpful in choosing the best room type and pricing options for our needs. She went over and above ensuring that our needs were met.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

WOW! On behalf of Lava and the rest of the team, thank you so much for your raving review of our hotel! We are so happy to have made another fan of our property. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hi, so me and my wife stayed at your hotel and just loved it . The service was just great . Rooms were nice and cold , very clean , the beds were so comfortable. Everyone was so helpful and happy . But I just wanted to tell you how great your breakfast attendant was . My wife and I wanted to enjoy a great day out . Justine Cole gave us great directions to Clearwater Beach and even a great name of a restaurant . thank you so much .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We love when our guests have a great experience with us! Your feedback means a tremendous amount to the staff and future guests. We truly appreciate your time and positive feedback. Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here with are two kids from Friday to Monday morning. We liked the location and the area was very close to the specific spots we wanted to venture out to. We recognized Lacey's voice on the phone and she was just as sweet and accommodating in person. She really went above and beyond for my family and I even though it seemed to be extremely busy. She brought us whatever we needed and gave great recommendations for restaurants and made us feel like we were "home" and couldn't have been nicer and caring. Besides the great customer service, the breakfast was awesome and the room was always neat and tidy. When we come to the area again from Miami we would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Wilson305
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We strive to provide the best service and accommodations to all of our guests and appreciate your feedback. We hope we will see you again very soon! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

amazing service in the front desk by lacey very nice,polite,genurace,kind, and thoughtful........ :) :) me and my family had an amazing three nights,pool time,and a nice exercize time for evveryone...

Room Tip: make sure you see the room before checking in.
1  Thank Loli M
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater was enjoyable.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We live in Port St. Lucie, Florida on the Atlantic coast and enjoy road trips to Clearwater, Florida on the Gulf coast to visit my sister. For the past few years, we have chosen to stay at the Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater. Our latest excursion was last weekend for a special Mother's Day celebration with my sister and her family. I recognized Jessica's voice when I booked our reservation by phone several weeks ago. We were pleased to see her behind the reception desk when we checked in. It is great to return to a place that consistently does whatever it takes to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We enjoy starting our day with a hearty breakfast in a clean and relaxing setting. The desk person is always ready to provide written directions to restaurants and places of interest. The staff says it best with their phone greeting, "It's a beautiful day at the Fairfield Inn." Thanks again, Jessica, for another pleasant stay. Al and Connie Fortuna

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Alicia J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and to point out the wonderful service you received. We try our best to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests and I am so happy to know that we did just that. We look forward to your return! Have a wonderful day.