“If I needed to stay a week or more - maybe. For a day or two - No.”

Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.
Ranked #74 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Atlanta, Georgia
“If I needed to stay a week or more - maybe. For a day or two - No.”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This "Extended Stay" is a basic place to sleep that needs help in housekeeping cleanliness. The bathroom floor was dirty... I split water from the sink and whipped it up with a towel which came back dark with dirt stains. The staff is functionary but minimalist in both manners and service. The price is high for what you get if you are staying only a day or two. Go down the street to Fairfield Marriott for better short stay value.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fdoamerica
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping service was not what you expected. In response to your feedback, I am sending you a Be Our Guest Certificate. This can be used at any of our hotels country wide. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly at stp@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toronto
Reviewed 16 February 2013

At $49.00 a night (weekly rates) this is a great deal. Rooms are LARGE and renovated. LARGE fridge, stovetop and microwave. Comfortable bed.
No housekeeping daily but who cares. Once a week housekeeping.
Front desk staff very accommodating and knowledgeable. Jessica excellent especially.
No fitness room. Laundromat available on main floor for guest use. No swimming pool. Lots of free parking.
Great location with lots of good shopping nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new look,clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Vicki and her staff couldn't make you feel more welcome. On more then one occasion I heard "we will make it happen!" What an awesome attitude.
As far as the hotel it's been recently renovated and looks brand new. The hotel is the cleanest we have seen in the 6 months of traveling.
I don't agree with previous reviews that were terrible. If you want a 5 star hotel you are going to pay for a 5 star hotel. You thought you should have someone help you with your luggage....I bet if you had asked someone would have helped you but again it's for extended stay purposes and for the cost of the room it's well worth it.

The entire property is well kept, laundry room clean, no smells.

I would tell everyone it's a super place to stay.

Vicki thank you so much for everything and please pass a thanks onto your staff.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cheryl J
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Vicki and her staff provided excellent service and that you enjoyed our clean and renovated rooms. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for over five years when I come to the area. The new renovations are wonderful. The new bedding and carpet was great. The staff was friendly and the laundry room was convenient.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Eveneg
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this review, 3 October 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. Thank you for commenting on our recent renovations.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel.
One morning I woke up to find my one month old, brand new car missing. The hotel was painting the parking lot and instead of contacting owners they hired a towing company to relocate several vehicles to the back side of the hotel. When talking to the manager he got an attitude with me. The tow truck pulled my front wheel drive out of the spot backwards and scraped the bumper up. I have a call into my insurance and attorney. If that wasn't enough fun, there were ants, roaches and fleas. Our rooms floor reeked of dog and the hallways smelled like pet feces.

Avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Ryman80
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Our "suite" was a small, dark room with a musty odor.
Garbage had been left in the room.

The satellite TV suffered continual outages.
The water was cut off for hours without notice.

There is no staff to assist with luggage and there is no business center.

Traffic is an absolute nightmare so pack a lunch if you plan to attend the
RNC Convention activities in Tampa.

No pool or restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this review, 24 August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Brookston
Reviewed 7 August 2012

First time staying here... It has been totally renovated.. From new carpet to new beds and bedding. Smells nice and clean, all new furnishings, not afraid to walk barefoot across the carpet. Everything worked, staff is extremely friendly. Very nice.... Kitchen has stove top, full refrigerator, wish there was oven, but there is a microwave. New flat screen tvs, fast wifi. Would definitely stay again. No pool, but you can use the pool at the Homestead next door, as that is a sister hotel.. Beach is only 9 miles away, close to really good dining. All around nice place...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.