“Soooo Gross! Welcome to the Bates”

Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.
Ranked #79 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Upon check-in, the staff was great, the lobby was clean and neat. HOWEVER, once we opened the door to our room there was an odor that was disgusting. Not sure what died in here. We immediately left to go and buy our own cleaning products. The bathroom was not clean, it was covered with hair in the toilet, tub, floor and sink. The microwave and fridge where dirty. The beds where made, so I guess the room was clean. I pulled the sheets back to spray them down with Lysol only to notice white stains on the covers, and hair in the bed. And let me not forget about the white stains on the bed skirts. This place is disgusting and the manager and housekeepers should immediately be replaced. If my apartment was not having renovations to done to my unit, I would not have been here. This place is so sketchy. I'm sure The Bates Motel would be cleaner than this place.

Room Tip: Plenty of other great places to stay in this area, this is just not one of them.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bosslady666
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness & condition you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have re-evaluated the training and inspections to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at clr@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed here for most of the month of March and were extremely satisfied. Most importantly for us was easy access to beaches and parks from 15 minutes in St. Petersburg, to 30 minutes in the Fort DeSoto Beach or the Skyway Bridge for fishing. Within an hour was Tarpon Spring and the Sponge Docks. As for the hotel itself we found it to be very clean with a friendly and helpful staff. Our room was comfortable and large enough for the length of our stay.

The negatives were the coffee pot was impossible to pour without spilling some coffee. The ceiling/floors above us allowed for noise of people moving about to filter through. Finally, I found the pillows to be too easily "crushed" although my wife thought they were just fine.

All that said, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and benefited from our location.Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

great deal with priceline.com, just choose 3 star hotels and they'll pop up.

Kitchen provided so dont count on the to go breakfast they serve only cereal bars and muffins. Coffee is good.

Walmart nearby to get groceries, clean newer type rooms. good wifi, good tv.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you were so pleased with our staff and your experience with us here in Clearwater. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Small front entrance/lobby. Landscape good but limited. Location close to major roads neighboring other lodging establishments in an okay part of town. Friendly associates. General cleaning okay offering room cleaning 1 time per week. Older facility with cheaper furnishings. Things seemed to be well maintained. Newer flooring and good drapes. Air conditioner/heater worked well. Large enough room equipped with chair, desk and table/chairs. Full size frig, coffee pot, toaster, cooktop, small sink and laminate countertops in kitchen. Very limited dishes/silverware. No dish soap. Ample electrical outlets. Bathroom had older molded shower/tub unit with finish worn off. Older pre-molded sink/ large countertop for vanity in bathroom . Nice shower head and adequate water. No hair dryer however they loaned one out. Seemed to have supplies if you forgot something. Uncomfortable bed. Bedding cheaper with low quality pillows. Had very limited ‘continental breakfast’ offering coffee in the lobby. No pool or outside lounging area. Had 1 picnic table and offered a gas barbecue. Laundry facilities offered with coin operated washer/dryer. Cost for staying here is very good but it is strictly the ‘bare essentials’ for lodging.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not what you expected. We try and give every guest a "Home away from Home" feeling. In response to your feedback, I am sending you a Be Our Guest Certificate.That way you can give us another chance to make your stay pleasant. This can be used at any of our hotels country wide. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly at Cberriman@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

This "Extended Stay" is a basic place to sleep that needs help in housekeeping cleanliness. The bathroom floor was dirty... I split water from the sink and whipped it up with a towel which came back dark with dirt stains. The staff is functionary but minimalist in both manners and service. The price is high for what you get if you are staying only a day or two. Go down the street to Fairfield Marriott for better short stay value.

1  Thank fdoamerica
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping service was not what you expected. In response to your feedback, I am sending you a Be Our Guest Certificate. This can be used at any of our hotels country wide. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly at stp@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

At $49.00 a night (weekly rates) this is a great deal. Rooms are LARGE and renovated. LARGE fridge, stovetop and microwave. Comfortable bed.
No housekeeping daily but who cares. Once a week housekeeping.
Front desk staff very accommodating and knowledgeable. Jessica excellent especially.
No fitness room. Laundromat available on main floor for guest use. No swimming pool. Lots of free parking.
Great location with lots of good shopping nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new look,clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Vicki and her staff couldn't make you feel more welcome. On more then one occasion I heard "we will make it happen!" What an awesome attitude.
As far as the hotel it's been recently renovated and looks brand new. The hotel is the cleanest we have seen in the 6 months of traveling.
I don't agree with previous reviews that were terrible. If you want a 5 star hotel you are going to pay for a 5 star hotel. You thought you should have someone help you with your luggage....I bet if you had asked someone would have helped you but again it's for extended stay purposes and for the cost of the room it's well worth it.

The entire property is well kept, laundry room clean, no smells.

I would tell everyone it's a super place to stay.

Vicki thank you so much for everything and please pass a thanks onto your staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl J
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Vicki and her staff provided excellent service and that you enjoyed our clean and renovated rooms. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.