“Progressing towards Perfection”

Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.
Ranked #77 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was fifth time within 18 months visiting this location and have watched amazing progress as they progress towards perfection.

With spacious and clean modern rooms, and a great staff including Vicki who went out of her way to make out stay our stay awesome. The hotel is making so much progress after a recent renovation. Much food is close by within walking distance, and five minute ride to the St. Petersburg Airport. Also minutes from I-275 makes travel very easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Shaun - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our recent renovation and how much of a difference the changes have made. We are also very pleased you are satisfied with our location and the many attractions/restaurants nearby.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while in town visiting. Was booked for nine days. A decent length stay. On the third day house keeping had yet to clean the room. Called the fourth morning letting them know and asking for clean towels. They had yet to get them until the next day.
The room size is good. You get very few channels on the Tv. Bathroom door does not shut. No pool or amenities.
For a few dollars more you can stay at the la quinta two doors down. Wanted to save the seven bucks a day. From now on, will be staying there.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lifeguard8
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our corporate housekeeping policy was not explained upon check-in. I also apologize that you were having difficulty with your bathroom door closure. In response to your feedback, we will working with our front desk staff and maintenance associates to ensure an experience such as yours is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at clr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

During our recent stay, although it had mixed emotions, overall I would suggest this be a hotel you consider while visiting this area. The hotel has amazing potential to be great, rooms are spacious and modern, with great a/c, large bathroom and full kitchen /w/ room recliner. Location is close to many sit down restaurants and fast food, which are open late. Close to airport about 7 minutes away, just give yourself extra time at night due to road construction.

Hotel management made quick remedy once a problem was brought to their attention, but my biggest issue is failure for front desk employees to correct problems in a timely manner before it has to get to a management level.

Overall this hotel has strong points for you to consider, just be proactive with any issues if they arise and make sure its brought to hotel manager so it can be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaun_SWO
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the Front Desk staff neglected to meet or exceed your needs & requests. I have taken your review and have and will continue to address these as well as any future opportunities.

Still, we are extremely pleased to know that we were able to make your stay a good one. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I came to Clearwater with plans of already having housing in place that fell thru. I didn't have a lot of money, so I needed a place I could book for a couple of weeks. This place was perfect. I showed up early, thinking I would have to wait 4 hours to check in. Wrong. They checked to see if my room was clean immediately. It was. They check me in at 11 a.m with no problems. I cannot even tell you how nice the room is for an "economy" hotel. It is as nice as a 3 star hotel in Washington. I would recommend this property to any one. It does not have a pool, but their sister property Homestead will let you swim there. It is just as nice as this one too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in a studio room at this hotel. Service was great, room was nice & clean, nice cool AC, flat screen TV (not too much channel selection though), and good window covers -- blocked the light out really well. Nicely lit with 5 different lighting options. A little "built in" closet was nice. I had a little kitchen in my room as well so I did enjoyed that! They also have a "Grab & Go Breakfast". Bathroom was ok -- I did not like how the shower curtain was thin & water could splash through onto the other side. But since there was wood flooring it was an easy clean up. Bed was overall good; the pillows weren't to my liking & the top blanket was a little thin for me -- good thing there was a thromo blanket underneath but still comfortable. They do not have a swimming pool if you were wondering! Their "sister hotel" next door does...it is quite small & only about 4-5 ft deep. Overall, I would come here again for a little get-away.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed for four a week and after two days I noticed that I was getting bug bites. After a couple days I notice that each morning I had more. After a little web research I learned it might be bed bugs. I looked and saw them under the bed.

The staff didn't care and didn't even react when I said my room had bed bugs...

Simply, don't stay here. Between the lack of sleep, embarrassment at my new job, and having wash all my clothes and fumigate my belongings, it is not worth saving a few bucks. Stay anywhere else.

Beyond that, don't even think of using the supplied cooking where... They are not clean or have been cleaned.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Mike - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The level of cleanliness in your room you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and I am working with them to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure this type of situation does not happen again in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at clr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The first morning, I noticed the “continental breakfast” didn’t have cereal, milk, juice, toast, bagels, donuts nor trays. It was just tea/coffee with “cream” packets, apples and packaged muffins. When I told the manager, Vicky, she rudely said “What are you talking to me about it for? I didn’t decide the breakfast layout.” She also rudely told me that I don’t have to eat it. When I told her that she is being rude, she started to cry and ran into a back room (emotional problems?). The 3rd night, I noticed a big bug with wings on the ceiling. I looked around and I saw 16 more on the ceiling all around the room. There was also one on the curtain, but when I trapped it, I noticed it was dead and stuck to the curtain! When I asked for another room (only 1 other available), I inspected it and I saw large amounts of dried blood on the underside of the bed spread. I decided to stay with my bug infested room. I didn’t sleep all night because I kept catching more and more bugs all night. I ended up catching and killing 42 bugs! In the morning when I asked the manager to come to the room to see the infestation, she didn’t want to. When I told her she should, she stormed out of her office in anger and walked at full speed down to my room (far ahead of me!), opened the door for 2 seconds and said rudely “there, I saw them” and marched back to the registration area. That day, when I was out, she had my room fumigated (without telling me!) with all my belongings all over the room.
Two days later, I saw a live cockroach on the carpet that appeared “half dazed” (probably from the fumigation). I put it in a cup and showed it to the morning hotel desk clerk.
Other problems with the hotel were that ALL the internet videos work intermittently, the satellite TV keeps losing the signal when it rains, and dogs in nearby rooms kept barking day and night (very annoying!).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris B
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Chris - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me begin by saying this hotel values guests, like yourself, which is why it is so important that we provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It saddens me to hear that we were not able to provide this for you on your last visit. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the lack of offerings within our grab-and-go breakfast bar, our staff not being attentive to your needs and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again. I am also coaching our staff on ways to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, we will look into the other issues you commented on, making sure they are corrected moving forward.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying. I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if I can assist you further.