Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.
Ranked #78 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I arrived to see what looked like transients hanging around the parking lot and lobby. The room was dingy and I was so skeeved out I checked out and went to another hotel.i had to eat the cost of the room but I wasn't staying there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Batt300
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable at our hotel. Please know, guest safety is a top priority for us, so we are taking your comments very seriously. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that the staff has been made aware of your feedback and we are working to enhance our measures so that guests are at home while staying with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your input. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Let's start with the good. The room was spacious with a kitchenette and full size fridge. There's a comfy chair, flat screen TV, desk, table. Really everything you'd need for a comfortable stay. Aside from an odd patch on the carpet and a crack in the shower enclosure the room was well appointed. My only problem was the cleanliness of the room. Hair and dust on the fridge. Bits of used soap stuck to the shower curtain. There were ants hanging around the kitchen counter. When I moved that comfy chair to be closer to the TV there were potato chips and some trash under it. I've stayed here before and the room was very clean so I'm sure this was just an odd occurrence.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Dave L
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dave – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I’m sorry to hear that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend... we got here and checked in... they put us in a single bed room and when we requested a double bed room, they switched it with no problem... we did have to pay a little extra but not much.... staff was friendly... room was clean... it was perfect for our little weekend getaway... I would stay here again worked a doubt.... :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RoslynM
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Roslyn - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were initially given the wrong room type when you arrived; however, I am glad that we were able to fix that problem right away. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and your clean room during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Needed a last minute place to stay. All hotels were booked except this one. The staff was really nice and offered a late check out. There is no hot breakfast only cold muffins and coffee. The price was a little high. The only thing I really didn't like was being next to smoking rooms because the hallway smelled thickly of smoke. Wish all the smoking rooms were on one floor but at the last minute you can't be picky!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreenGables78
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m glad that you enjoyed our staff and I’m happy to hear that we were able to accommodate a late check-out. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. As well, I am sorry to hear that the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here one night in February and would have stayed longer if I could. Staff was very friendly, especially Jessica. Everything was very clean, and I even had a Brita filter in the kitchen that attached to the faucet. Having a kitchen is such a great convenience. I love cooking, but even being able to take back leftovers to the hotel where you can refrigerate them and microwave them the next day really makes a difference! Just like home!
Coffee was great in the morning and I typically get a continental breakfast at hotels, but with the kitchen, there's really no need. But if you do want a quick breakfast, they had fresh fruit, muffins and granola bars. Location is great, as well. Very close to a lot of restaurants, shopping, and only about 20 minutes to the beach (depending on traffic).

Room Tip: I'd recommend trying to get the second or third floor! I stayed on the third floor. There's...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Rachel - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you found our staff, especially Jessica, to be friendly during your visit. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and your fully equipped kitchen. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here for over 2 months. Great experience. Downsides: very limited breakfast, no exercise room or pool, and front doors are not automated. These may seem trivial, but I'm traveling with my wife who is in a wheelchair. Coming in a double front door was troublesome. Aside from that, our experience was super, The price was certainly worth it. The location was just off the Bayway, I275, and Roosevelt Blvd/Gandy Blvd. Ulmerton Rd takes you straight into Largo and St. Petersburg. Great access.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was fifth time within 18 months visiting this location and have watched amazing progress as they progress towards perfection.

With spacious and clean modern rooms, and a great staff including Vicki who went out of her way to make out stay our stay awesome. The hotel is making so much progress after a recent renovation. Much food is close by within walking distance, and five minute ride to the St. Petersburg Airport. Also minutes from I-275 makes travel very easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Shaun - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our recent renovation and how much of a difference the changes have made. We are also very pleased you are satisfied with our location and the many attractions/restaurants nearby.