We visit Clearwater every year for Phillies Spring Training and will NEVER stay here again! Awful. Rude. Run down.
When we arrived exhausted at 1 am, we were told the non-smoking room we reserved was not available, and the smoke smell in the smoking room was extremely strong. We opened the windows for ventilation, but the traffic kept the family awake all night. We stayed for three nights and a non-smoking room never became available. Also, most rooms only have one bed and there are NO COTS AVAILABLE. Our fourteen-year-old son slept on the dirty carpet. When we tried to correct the situation with management, they were unsympathetic, rude and made absolutely no effort to help - explaining that because cots were not mentioned on the website we should assume cots were not available. Nowhere on the site does it say "Candlewood Suites does not provide cots." This is definitely not a place for families or anyone looking for a good night's sleep. Stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Clearwater hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. Studio room has one queen size bed and all have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our on site fitness center or heated outdoor pool. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, you can earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay We are centrally located and easy access to Interstate 75, Tampa International Airport, and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico Beaches!. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are popular area attractions to visit. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet fee - $15 for 1 first night $10 for each additional night capped at $150 for duration of stay. Two pets less than 80 lbs. Per suite . Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Candlewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Florida