“Good”

Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Ranked #59 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Good”
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

CANDLEWOOD SUITES is clean .The linens and towels are not the cheap kind even the kitchen and dining utensils. The room was a bit small maybe because they have a bigger table it makes the room looks small.The only thing that will make it better for me, is for the corners and edges of the furnitures be a bit rounded not sharp.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank veroncg
NConley-DOS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your suggestion as well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and really liked the experience. The rooms are amazing! Newly renovated and very modern. In the room there is a kitchenette. We had a wonderful stay. We will come back here again for sure!!!
There is a cupboard where you can buy things in the hotel if you forgot to pack stuff or need a snack. The workout room is great and is in the same room as the free laundry mat which makes it smell fresh and not smelly like sweat.
The only downfall is that there is no breakfast and no hot tub. Other than that, it was perfect!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieMoo27
Lake Worth, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 4 March 2013

we made reservations for this hotel not knowing that they do not have daily maid service. It was no problem to get fresh towels. There is a Cupboard "store" in the fitness room along with free washer and dyers. The cupboard is a honor system and I filled out a slip for snacks. Not a problem and was added to our bill the next morning for checkout. Enjoyed staying here. big rooms and they even have dog treats for our scotty at the desk. was happy with stay.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a queen bed suite if it matters. Otherwise you will get a double bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura P
Troy, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2013

we stayed here for twelve days feb 2013 staff is super freindly and helpful.rooms are clean and spacious with kichen including dishwasher.centrally located to beach and many restaurants,will be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ksan14
United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites over Christmas and eventually spent over a month here, you really can't beat it for the money, we only paid an average of $55 a night on a long stay rate, the staff are so friendly and helpful, all rooms have a kitchen with microwave, full size fridge freezer, 2 electric cooking rings, nice big rooms, big tv, with a large desk which can be used as a dining table, free internet was a real boon, and it's centrally located, oh and free washer dryers located in the Gym and the little shop area that sells basic staples, eggs, milk, a few ready meals etc. Good location near the 275. Only down side was that all rooms have adjoining doors.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TnATravels
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and I was given a renovated room. I couldn't have asked for more. The room was like staying in a 4-5 star hotel. A few years ago I stayed here and it was pretty run down and the rooms were very dated. Not anymore. I'm not sure if all the rooms are renovated so ask for one of the renovated rooms when you book.

I had 2 small dogs with me and there were plenty of grassy areas to walk them around. The staff was very friendly.

The room was spacious, the towels were thick and nice, the bedding was great and the decor was spot on for a contemporary look. I will stay there again when I travel to Clearwater.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room when booking.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dlabrake
Clermont, Florida, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We stayed here along with several other friends & family members.We were here for a Wedding reception and I was the one to find Candlewood Suites since it was close to my nieces home that had gottent married.I payed ahead of time with my bank card & then couldn't believe it when I had overdraw fees & checks that bounced in my account! I checked my bank statement only to find out I was charged 3 times for my ROOM! I called to let them know what had happened and they said it would take 3-4 days to get my money back I was pissed because it didn't take that long for them to take it out of my account!.To make matters worse they only refunded me for 2 rooms & still charged me for my room.I wouldn't of stayed but we had over 23 people that already had made pland to meet us.They never did refund my $150- that it ended up costing me in Bank fees ect.!Other people in our group checked and 2 of them were OVERCHARGED but were able to get it taken care of because they never paid in advance.To make matters worse after everthing that had happened on the day we were leaving & putting our suitcases in our car 4 of us got locked out of our rooms.The room key no longer worked and check out wasn't for another hour.We had to go all the way to the front desk and let them know and the Manager behind the counter was very rude and acted like it was no big deal (we wonder if it was done on purpose) I HOPE SOMEONE FROM "CORPORATE" GETS A CHANCE TO SEE THIS & CALLS ME! ANNMARIE MCDONALD

Room Tip: A Room Someplace Else!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank AnnMarie M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear AnnMarie M,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels