The hotel has 2 room types, studio suites and one bedroom suites. What they fail to inform guests of is if they book a "standard suite", they will end up just paying an inflated price for a studio suite. This is coercion!
The room standard was poor. Ancient fittings, smelly, old and noisy fridges. There was a lot of noise all night from upstairs and communal areas.
On arrival into the room it was dirty, with faeces in the toilet from the previous guest. Sheets were also stained. Felt so horrible being in such an awful place that checked out 2 days early.
Regularly use Holiday Inns, am very surprised that they allow such a franchise to tarnish their name. Will avoid candlewood suites in the future as there is no brand consistency between locations.
I strongly advise people reading this review to book another nearby hotel (there are many in the area at a similar price) as this hotel is barely fit for human habitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Clearwater hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. Studio room has one queen size bed and all have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our on site fitness center or heated outdoor pool. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, you can earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay We are centrally located and easy access to Interstate 75, Tampa International Airport, and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico Beaches!. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are popular area attractions to visit. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet fee - $15 for 1 first night $10 for each additional night capped at $150 for duration of stay. Two pets less than 80 lbs. Per suite . Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Candlewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Florida