“Very nice, clean & quiet”

Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Ranked #60 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
New Brunswick
“Very nice, clean & quiet”
Reviewed 14 August 2008

My wife and I stayed here from Aug 1 to 5th, very friendly staff, good central location, and very clean. Beds were great, my wife has some neck problems and she was worried that a strange bed might aggravate her neck, but the beds were excellent. Large bathroom w/tub.

Can't stress how nice and clean the property was.

There is a vacant grocery store next door which is the only sore point, but other than overgrown grass, there was no garbage.

Parking lot was well lit at night which we like, regardless of where we travel.

Without hesitation, we would stay there again.

• Liked — Central location to beaches and airport
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 14 January 2008

Excellent Value -- Checked in on Friday - 1/11/08 earlier than the posted check-in time and was given a room on the 2nd floor, very quiet and clean. The room has a queen bed with a small kitchenette that includes a refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker & dishwasher. Free bag of popcorn in microwave & coupons for 2 free cans of soda pop from "The Candlewood Cupboard" ( a small honor system store on site). Also offered at this property are free diy washers & dryers along with an exercise room. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they will do what they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Some people may not like the fact that there is no daily maid service (weekly only), if you want new towels or bedding, you may exchange at the front desk, (we exchanged our towels daily). We were only here 3 days & kept the same bedding. This place is great for the travelers on a budget as you are able to to take advantage of the kitchen to reduce some of those high costs of eating out.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 November 2007

I thought I was getting a suite in this all suite hotel, but it was just a hotel room with a small kitchen area. You get no housekeeping at all here, and the desk I am wring at is too tiny for the laptop and associated business items. Hotel is noisy, and without any amenities. I did not plan to grill nor cook my own meals, but would like a made up bed, fresh towels and re-fills for the coffee maker. There was no pressure in the shower, and the toilet was set for such a small water flow that it stopped up repeatedly. Had to rely on the ice maker in the frig for ice, which of course was empty when I arrived and took a full day to get half full. If you want to stay for a week and do your own housekeeping and cook your own meals this might be the place for you; for me it was not. Hotwire price was $42 a night and I was here for almost a week... almost long enough to get housekeeping, but not quite.

• Liked — the computer connection in the room; but not wifi
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

atlanta, ga
Reviewed 6 November 2007

first off, booked the room 20 minutes before arrival on hotwire.
$90.00 for two nites cannot be beat. hotel was clean, staff was friendly, and amenities as promised. location was close to the airport, pool was nice, BBQ gas grill was a great option.
def. would stay there again and other candlewood properties.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2007

I booked this through Hotwire due to the price...a 2 1/12 star for $44. All we needed was a bed to sleep in after speding a large amount of time at the Tampa airport that day and didn't feel like driving home late at night. The hotel was okay...worth the $44, but I wouldn't have spent the $89-$100 I was seeing elsewhere for this hotel. The room was clean and quiet, but the toliet stopped working mid-night. Luckily we were only there for a night. The nice part is that there is a full size fridge and microwave...plus near a store, so you can run for beer, soda, etc. The "store" they have on site is strange...meaning nice to offer sodas and snacks, but it's on the "honor system", so you drop your money (which I did, thank you) in a slot or you fill out a slip and they charge it to your room. Strange, but I guess it works. I felt very safe at this hotel; after I think 9PM, the only way to get in the front door of the place is with your room key, and the back door of the hotel (by the BBQ grills) is always that way...you can't get in unless you have your room key. Overall, I would stay there again if I needed a cheap place for the night...the front desk is VERY friendly, which make you feel at home. I would recommend this place for a short stay...can't comment on a long visit, but they do have laundry facilities right there, which is nice in that case.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dot7660
Reviewed 16 August 2007

We stayed in this hotel from Aug 2nd to the 7th. My first impression pulling up is the area had seen better days. The hotel itself was ok, but there is a closed up grocery store next door and the local roads are under construction. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by the front desk person who was very efficient and helpful. Actually the customer service during our stay was the best highlight. They had free maps and great local restaurant ideas. We were put up in a handicap room as the hotel was fairly full and we were a family of 4, which was great. The room was nice, not excellent but more than acceptable. With a kitchenette, a desk, and a full size refrigerator, we were pleasantly surprised by the amenities. The location was away from any beaches, but was close to several highways. Pool was small, but that was to be expected for a facility geared for extended stay. Overall cleanliness was good. Would I stay here again? Yes I would.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — Walls are thin.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2007

This is one of the noisiest hotels I have ever stayed at. Cleaning people yell to each other from one end of the hallway to the other, at the top of their lungs at 8:00 in the morning. There was constant banging and noise in the hotel all day long. The first night of my stay, the couple staying in the room across from mine fought all night long. The construction of the hotel is so cheap, that you hear everything going on in your next door neighbor's room. I had to change rooms twice during my stay due to the excessive noise, despite having initially requested a quiet room.
I would honestly recommend avoiding this Hotel.

Stayed August 2007