My wife and I have stayed here numerous times just to "get out of the house." We have stayed in the Studio and the Suites of this establishment. The staff have always been very friendly. If you want more towels, pillows, coffee, whatever, they will get it for you right away. The pool is small but clean. They have a fitness room as well. If you are looking for scenic beach views, this place is NOT for you. For that you have to pay a lot more and settle for little to no amenities unless you pay for them.
Try to book thru AAA or one of the discounters to get a better rate, just like any other place you would stay at.
For the bolder chef, they have a nice gas grill or you can bring food that can be heated in a microwave or on the stove. They also have a small coffee maker and toaster in EVERY room.
For groceries, I recommend the Publix on East bay drive and US 19 or go East to the Publix on Ulmerton road across from Feather Sound. Candle wood does provide food and essentials on the honor system, but it is priced higher.
Some of the reviews you will read talk about the carpets, noisy housekeepers, etc. My wife and I have stayed here at least 10 times in the past 3 years. Noise has not been an issue, ever. The rooms are being upgraded with new carpets and furniture.
Our room has always been clean.
As you read the reviews, keep in mind that many nice to have things are provided without paying extra. (How often do you see that?)
The complimentary washers and dryers are a nice plus. (Yes, they are free.) We appreciate the full size fridge, large microwave, stove even a dishwasher. (Even in the studio) Each room has plates, glasses, pots, pans, silverware...making it nice if you want to heat up a meal or take-out on a plate. They have videos and dvds available without cost, along with a CD player. Add some candles and you can have a nice romantic get-away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Clearwater hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. Studio room has one queen size bed and all have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our on site fitness center or heated outdoor pool. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, you can earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay We are centrally located and easy access to Interstate 75, Tampa International Airport, and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico Beaches!. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are popular area attractions to visit. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet fee - $15 for 1 first night $10 for each additional night capped at $150 for duration of stay. Two pets less than 80 lbs. Per suite . Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, IHG and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Candlewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Florida