Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Clearwater)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewshonor systemfree laundrywashers and dryersroom lookedstove topworkout roompots and pansfull kitchencoffee makerwill stay there againfavorite hotelclose to the airportconvenience storethe entire hotelsleeper sofaone night stayfront desk person
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were in Florida to look at a college for our daughter so we made a small vacation out of the trip. The staff at the Candlewood were fantastic.

The room was quite large, full size fridge, two burner stove, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, and coffee maker were all put to use.

The ice maker made plenty of ice for daily cooler fills.

There is an honor room where guests can get snacks and such, an of course, there were people taking advantage, but there was always coffee and dish detergent (kids don't want that stuff).

The hotel is an ordinary hotel, it is the staff that makes this place top notch!

Room Tip: If you are on the first floor and you have people above you, remember this is almost like apartment living, you will hear them stomp if they stomp.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ivory Y
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hotel is located in quiet, safe area, across from another hotel and next to a bank. Nothing walking distance to eat, you have to drive. Check in was fast. Hotel room was clean, bed was comfortable, linen good quality, ac worked great and its filter was clean. TV has many good channels. Bathroom was large and spotless. Sink was a little tilted separating from wall, needed fixing. Found silverfish in bathroom wall, took care of it with a tissue. Hotel uses softened water. Very good stay overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very nice updated rooms, polite stuff, well maitnaned. We stayed their for 3 nights and do not want to leave . We got a great price deal and absolutly love it. Definetly next time when we will be in CLearwater we will close our eyes and choose this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngelinaPrada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I are IHG members and we try and stay at the preferred hotels with our membership. I have seen tons of candlewood suites and have always deemed them as your typical "motel" properties. Well we were in a pinch and needed a place to stay last minute and took a chance on this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at this property. We are world travelers and I must admit that this was one of the BEST hotels I have ever stayed in.
The property was immaculately clean! the front desk staff was very professional, quick and efficient check in process. The rooms were super clean and the beds were great!. They charge a $25 incidental fee and they use the honor system in their pantry.
This place has washers and dryers, fitness center, all very good

if you are looking for a great property in this area go here. I must admit also, when I read the reviews I thought this place was located in a bad area, near a prison and just not safe. NOt the case at all. The prison is located way up the street and the area is very nice, lots of places to eat and near the beach.

We will ALWAYS stay at this hotel if we are in the area.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great1
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lovestotravel1229
Reviewed 12 April 2014

So now that we have lived in the area for a few months I thought I would write my review. We stayed at this hotel with points the night we arrived into town. We thought it strange that we could not just walk into the lobby but had to pick up a phone and be buzzed in. We asked the desk clerk if this was a bad area and she got offended and said "NO! Why would you ask?"...well, it felt like we were visiting a prison or something. Now, the rooms were great! All was fine....but we got up and ran out by 6am the next morning because we just didn't feel right. NOW that I KNOW THE AREA I see the Juvenile Detention Center and County Jail and Jail Release Center is RIGHT DOWN THE STREET!! As I sat at a red light just down from this hotel I saw all these people walking with their personal items in jail plastic bags! Like they just got out of jail and were walking to wherever they may rob next! OMG! The area is NOT a bad area and Ulmerton has some good hotels...I would pay a little extra and go down towards the bay if I were to stay again.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay on the first floor it was LOUD ALL NIGHT.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank OLLYSHA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear OLLYSHA,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Jaime W