“Wish they had longer hours &more interesting sides, but they sure know how to BBQ meat!”
Review of Poppa's BBQ

Poppa's BBQ
Ranked #61 of 732 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award Winning BBQ Restaurant.Slow Smoked Pulled Pork. Mouth Watering Baby Back Ribs.Dine In or Take Out. Catering Available.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

They are only open until 4, and only on weekdays so it took me awhile to be able to try out their food. It's belly up to the counter to order kind of place. Prices are reasonable. They serve Memphis style ribs, pulled pork and BBQ chicken and I've tried them all. The meat is consistently tender, flavorful and delicious. Sides include coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans or bags of chips. I was disappointed with the sides I have tried so far. The coleslaw is fresh cabbage and carrots. I like my dressing creamy, sweet and spicy and there just wasn't much flavor besides cabbage. Baked beans tasted like your standard out of the can fare, but did have a couple of chunks of pork in there. Have not tried the potato salad yet. For beverages, you make your choice of pre-bottled sodas, water or tea. There are only a few tables inside and a picnic table outside, but they have a great deal of traffic at lunch time - mostly from hard working guys. Not a place you could take a group of people to eat and expect to sit together. I give it five stars for the consistently excellent meats!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

my boyfriend pass this place an made a quick u turn it was pack with people so we gave it a try it was the best bbq we ever had cant wait to go back an get more an the price was really good:)

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I go to lunch here once a week. They make the best BBQ pork/ribs I've had anywhere in the Tampa/Clearwater area. I highly recommend it!!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Had the ribs and they were great! I've finally found a new bbq place that I can count on. Their consistency is mind-boggling. Chicken and pulled pork were perfect. These guy's are good!

1  Thank BizarroElvis99
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have been having bad pork cravings for weeks, went online to find some Q close to the office, Great Ribs with a hint of heat; the pork sandwich was very good but the sauce is what made it great.