“Great fun for all ages!”
'Go Fish' Pool, Lazy River, Giant Waterslide, Kiddy Slide, Hot Tub
Classic games in the 'LIFE-ing' room...
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
'Go Fish' Pool, Lazy River, Giant Waterslide, Kiddy Slide, Hot Tub
Classic games in the 'LIFE-ing' room...
Jumanji theater
One of the CLUE themed escape rooms!
Another CLUE themed escape room
Casino games room
World's first laser maze in a HOUSE!
80s video games
The Monopoly Bedroom (obviously!!)
Can you solve the Scrabble scramble puzzle?
Giant Operation!
Kids AND Adults LOVE the Laser Maze Challenge
Carnival Games Room
Drawing Games.. Pictionary
Foosball
Roll kids (or adults) into soft pins in human bowling!
Giant checkers!
Billiards
Pinball and classic video games...
Fish from the Jenga-themed dock-- or use our kyaks, canoe, and pedal boat!
Campfires!
Enjoy 10 beautiful acres--Pets welcome on a case by case basis
Pinball, Arcade Games, and more!
Trivial Pursuit Hall
Giant Lite Brite
Giant Operation!
Karaoke
BOOMERANG Air Hockey
TV game show studio w/ interactive buzzers
Second kitchen- outdoors w/ dishwasher &  service  for 100
Jumanji theater entrance
Word Search with 62,500 letters-- appeared in Guinness
Privately gated 10 acres
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Alachua, Florida
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed 15 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

The pool and lazy river are AWESOME! The kids and adults loved the slide! The house is AMAZING, No doubt, but it does NOT really sleep 45. The dungeon room is not even wide enough to fit a twin bed by itself (even though it claims 2 twin beds) it really has 2 sleeping bags on the floor and nothing else. The Jumanji Theater is very cool but its 6 recliners cannot, in reality, be considered 6 sleeping locations, 3 of the chairs do not recline all the way back. The entire family enjoyed the Karaoke room. This is a great house but in all fairness I think it should be advertised as a little differently. Renters ask lots of questions.

Management Response
17 Sep 2017
Hi,

Thank you for your review! I worked reeeeaally hard on dreaming up & creating The Great Escape Lakeside so it's awesome to hear (and see) families enjoying amenities like the lazy river and karaoke system!

I'm sorry you feel misled re: sleeping arrangements at the Estate but our website does breakdown each bedroom and each sleeping accommodation one by one with photos, descriptions, and virtual tours! I made it a point to be *extremely* detailed about each room and the sleeping capacity on The Great Escape's website. We host groups of 40-45 regularly (including my own family!) and have even made exceptions---allowing a couple of groups to happily sleep 50+!

The following is a breakdown of the sleeping arrangements summarized from our website:

*4 bedrooms w/ King-Sized Beds (Casino Games Bedroom, Carnival Games Bedrfoom, Laser Games Bedroom, Mind Games Bedroom)

*4 bedrooms with Queen-Sized beds (Get A Clue Bedroom, Clue Me In Bedroom, Pac-Man/80s Games Bedroom, Scrabble Bedroom)

2 bedrooms w/ double sets of twins that can be pushed together as Kings (War Games Bedroom, Monopoly Bedroom)

2 bedrooms that have two triple bunks in each room (so 12 twin beds spanning those two nice-sized bedrooms-- These would be the Pictionary and Operation Game Bedrooms)

1 bedroom with two additional twins that cannot be pushed together (This is the Dungeons & Dragons Bedroom you refer to you in your review. I assure you-- there are no sleeping bags-- There are 2 twin-sized high-end mattresses with luxury foam toppers on them for maximum comfort. I personally designed the room and have slept in there myself! It's primarily for tweens/teens who enjoy games like Dungeons and Dragons.. It's smallish, dark--and since it's themed like a Dungeon-- the beds are, indeed, at floor level. No other bedroom in the Estate is like that-- It's specific to Dungeons & Dragons). Our website very specifically says that bedroom is small, has no windows, and it shows a photo of the two twin beds on the floor.

The 13 bedrooms above-- sleep 34 people assuming double occupancy of each King and each Queen bed. On our website we have a page named "Additional Sleeping" which then shows that we have 6 additional twin bed rollaways, 2 twin sleeper sofas, and 1 futon. Add that to the 34 previously noted, and we easily have the capacity for 43 people to sleep comfortably. Our website states that we also have 2 pack-n-play cribs (many groups have some babies in tow) or if you wish to bring additional older children/adults, we'll allow 2-3 of them to sleep in the Jumanji Theater using the luxury reclining chairs pictured on our website. Teens, in particular, seem to love to watch movies in there until the wee hours and then fall asleep in the comfy chairs (I've certainly fallen asleep in them--not intending to do so-- even if the movie I was watching was a good one!)...Additional information not posted on our site-- is that very often I've also heard of younger 6-10 ish year old children choosing to double up in some of the bunk beds...but even without that, you can plainly see we have the perfect space for 45 people sleep as long as the King and Queen beds are occupied by couples... Once you go beyond a 34 count, you do need to use rollaways and/or sleeper sofas as our website advertises. I would certainly be open to any ideas re: how you think we can advertise it any more clearly-- and do invite you to email me directly at andrew@orlandoarealuxuryrentals.com or call 352-250-4220

I do hope you come back and stay at Great Escape Lakeside or any of our other mega properties in the near future!

Andrew Greenstein
Owner
Zachary B
“Great fun for all ages!”
Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

What an amazing time! We stayed for a single night with 5 other families. That's right... 5 other families! At last count, we had 13 adults and 22 kids... and the house didn't feel crowded. We absolutely loved the pool and the slide. We also loved taking the kids out on the beautiful lake with the canoes and kayaks. It was an amazing home and we loved our time!

kmcmuldre...
Avon Lake, Ohio
“Perfect vacation filled with Love, Laughter and Happiness”
Reviewed 14 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My family and I stayed at the Great Escape Lakeside Retreat and it was a week filled with love, laughter and happiness. Andrew, Belinda and Ginger went above and beyond to assure that we had a memorable experience. They truly were on call for anything. The home had enough space for our family of 40 and had plenty to offer for all of us from ages 5 – 90! Everything is right there for you. The games were amazing and the pool a delight! I would highly recommend The Great Escape Lakeside Retreat for any family gathering. ***** Five Stars *****

Your age range 50-64
Ginger R
Clermont, Florida
“Amazing time was had by all!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I don't even know where to start! From initial correspondence to arrival everything was seamless. The pool is even larger in person than it looks in pictures. The kids nor us adults were ever bored, we never even left the house other than to run to the grocery store. Our group ranged in age from 85 yo to the youngest was 2. Our teenagers claimed the theater as their bedroom and never slept in their beds. I think the best part was just relaxing outside in the evenings, it's so quiet and peaceful. Thank you Andrew and staff for sharing this amazing place with our family!

Tajuana W
“The Best Vacation for a Large Group”
Reviewed 23 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

This was the most amazing vacation for my family and I with over 20 people. We had our family reunion here and there was never a dull moment. The home was clean, creative and accommodating. We also received stellar customer service from the owner and his staff. There was not one question I had that they could not answer. There was so much to do for both kids and adults.
The Escape Room was a big hit. Although we did not find all the clues, it was truly a great family activity.
My family's goal is to now visit all 3 vacation locations by this owner. He is definitely one who knows how to make it all inclusive. We never had to leave the property for anything.

We will be back to visit the other locations next year.

Joyce S
“PHENOMENAL "50th Birthday Bash Weekend" at The Great Escape”
Reviewed 3 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

My daughter's 50th Birthday, at The Great Escape, was the best place for a "memorable event." My grandchildren... ages 8-14... were busy all the time/never bored! Even though the weather was 40 to 50's, children and adults enjoyed the heated pool, hot tub. The game rooms were full of fun and guests participated in Karaoke, Family Feud, Air Hockey, Billiards, Clue, Theater, etc. The lay-out is well-thought out and everyone had plenty of space. The catering service was excellent, food terrific. Large Kitchen area was filled with pots, pans, glasses, dishes, flatware, large refrig,, large pantry. I've never seen or experienced such a perfect place for ANY event. It is a Happy Place where my family and friends had a truly incredible experience. :)

Klgold3
“Great escape house”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Fun way to spend a weekend! The house was clean and so much to do for my kids! We flew
From Texas and would definitely go back. There was never a dull moment and the owner went out of his way to make sure the accommodations were perfect.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing