“did not want to leave”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Amy W
Windsor, Canada
“Cockroachs!”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Let me start by saying THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL HOME. We stayed over Christmas and New Years. Our children loved the (makesure to pay to get it heated expensive but had to do it).
The house has an open floor plan which was great, lots of room to spread out.
Now for the bad side of things.
The beds are absolutely horrible. The bed in the master bedroom looks and feels like it should have been replaced at least 3-5 years ago! It sags and it's very lumpy. To the point that almost 2 weeks later my back still hurts. The beds in the other bedrooms weren't any better, 2 of our children slept on the floor! Which brings me to my next problem cockroaches! My sister found them the night they left which was 2 nights before we left.
Please note I have contacted Advantage Vacation Homes their aditude is that it was not cockroaches that they were Palmeto bugs (which if you look up they are the same thing!). Being a travel agent I understand that these are serious accusations. My problem is the attitude I got when contacting Advantage Vacations Homes. They did not care, she gave me an attitude and told me that they weren't cockroaches, which they clearly were! I then asked to speak to a manager and was put through to a voice mail, I left a message and almost 2 weeks later I am still waiting for a return call!
Needless to say I will not return to this home or use Advantage Vacation Homes again whether it be for personal us or sending clients to them.

pittsburgh
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
pebadee
NJ
“Pleanty of space”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Stayed at this house for four nights this Holiday season.
This is an Advantage Home that we booked through Hotels.com, so we got it at a value price.
Of course, because of that, we didnt know what house we were getting until we pulled up to the lock box Sunday night. But, during the booking process we increased the probability of getting one of the better Trip Advisor reviewed Advantage Homes by going with a 4 bedroom vs a 3 bedroom. It was more money but worth it for the peace of mind.
We were very happy with the result.
We had no issues with the beds, the neighborhood was safe and convenient, with a mix of permanent homeowners and some unoccupied houses. Yes, some houses had some additional items in their driveways etc., but not enough to bother us. we even got some additional fireworks from the local folk on NY Eve,
It would have received a 5 except for the two issues that we had were exactly as was stated in a review in 2011 - the dryer did not dry (maybe a venting problem?), and the inability to reduce the AC below 75 made for an uncomfortable environment at times. I can not guess what it would be like in the Summer, but I guess there's always the pool (which we didnt even use, even for a NY Day Polar Bear plunge).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size, convenient location
Liked least: Dryer, AC
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
chicago

Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

WI
Reviewed 7 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing