“Great night out for families”
Review of Devenney's Pub

Devenney's Pub
Ranked #9 of 213 Restaurants in Clermont
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Irish Pub & Family Restaurant
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were staying at Highgrove resort and ate here twice during our holiday. I had the steak twice which was excellent and the rest of the party enjoyed fish and chips and the chicken burger. Drinks were good value $3.50ish for a glass of house wine and $2ish for a draft beer. The staff were friendly and worked hard to serve all the tables quickly and efficiently. We look forward to returning next year.

2  Thank stephv1977

Reviewed 26 July 2013

was just looking what is around the area I will be in less that 36 hrs from now ,
& wow I saw something on devenney,s website that really caught this Aussie eye
BANGERS & MASH stone the crows , have I die & gone back home to beyond the old black stump home of my kangaroo & meat pie , would really will bring me to tears is if they got my favorite sud,s ... could it please be possible old beer god in the sky that this irish pub will have my VB, OR TOOHEYS BEER .. talk about irish eyes are smiling if I saw my VB or TOOHEYS you would be seeing one happy little Aussie wombat see ya on Saturday guys .. will add after I been to the pub for a captain cook ( look ) , but lets not talk about how England kick our butt in the ashes .. lol

1  Thank wombat4412
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We visited Devenny's on July 4th and were not disappointed,We were staying down the road and when we decided to stay and have a drink the Owner/'Dave'followed my husband back to our house so he could leave the car at home and took him back, Wouldn't hear of him getting a cab ! We had 3 steaks, cooked to perfection,mash was fab and salad was plentiful, my daughter had chicken which she really enjoyed,I cannot fault the food, and the girl who served us all night (apologies dont know her name, she was English) was wonderful, she was so friendly and looked after us all night,making sure my daughter was enjoying herself,connected her to the wifi, Wine was $3 a glass, there was a TableQuiz on that night re the 4th of July,it was great craic,so disappointed we only came second !!Music was great,lots of 80's 90's, I would highly recommend Devenneys especially on a Thurs night if you staying in the area, family friendly, great food,friendly staff,great fun. also thank you for making my husband dance the macarana for his birthday!!, I have great pics to blackmail him with for years to come !!!

2  Thank almajosgan
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Popped into this bar on the way back from the parks and only went in as it was raining so hard we didn’t want to BBQ but were very pleased with the food. Met with who we think was the owner or owners wife who was very friendly and made our kids very welcome, they all had the burgers, my wife had the fish and chips which she loved and I had a steak which I have to be honest was as good as I have had. Stayed longer than we thought we would but we would definitely go back, we come most years from the UK so a nice change to the attraction restaurants…

2  Thank Gerry S
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We visited this pub in May, just for a drink, while on a family holiday at Highgrove & joined in the quiz night. We were totally ripped off - when we arrived we were led to 2 tables, my son, daughter in law & 3 grandkids sat on one table & me & my husband on the other - the staff then pulled the tables together - later on I understood why !!

When we asked for our bills at the end of the night the waitress just told my husband the total amount for us all, no itemised paper bills - it was $176 - he paid it & then we all realised there was no way we had drunk that much, so queried it & a bill was then reluctantly produced eventually - for $151 - we still thought this was way too much but they were adamant it was right & then stated that an extra $25 dollars was added onto this as there were more than 6 of us sitting together - it was them that had sat us together - probably for the purpose of charging us more - we were well ripped off by these people !!

To make things worse the waitress had already accepted a $20 tip from my hubby - & failed to tell us a compulsory charge would also be included in our bill.

Although we won the quiz - a drinks voucher for $25 - they refused to let us use it that evening & we had no intention of ever returning, as we all felt they took advantage of us being in a foreign country & not being used to their customs.

Brits - please be warned - stay away !!

6  Thank PennySteve
Devs34142, General Manager at Devenney's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Two sides to each story.
Once we were made aware that this customer had given there server a cash tip we were more than happy to remove the automatic 18% gratuity which is standard practice for parties of 6 or more to the majority of Restaurant's in the Orlando area.
We also find this review very puzzling since this party of 7 stayed in our establishment for over 4 hours which included Steak entrees and Drinks and freely made numerous comments about the fabulous food and great time they were having.