“Great salsa, bland food”
Review of Ay Jalisco

Ay Jalisco
Ranked #24 of 205 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Groveland
“Great salsa, bland food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We've eaten here many times over the years, always for lunch, when you can get a lot of food and not spend too much. The comp. chips and salsa has always been a standout for us as it's done the way we like it, chunky bits of tomato and onion with a good bit of cilantro and heat. The food has usually been ok but nothing special. The last time out was a different story; the salsa was still good but the food had taken a turn for the worse. We both had the burrito supreme, one chicken and one beef, served with beans and rice. Unfortunately the rice was in the burrito and probably took up a good 70% of the filling. The refried beans were completely without flavor and combined with the bland burrito filling, made for a less than satisfying meal. I don't understand how a restaurant that packs so much flavor into their salsa can prepare such tasteless food.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank billdozerGroveland

Jackson, Tennessee
“The water was great...Yes,Water”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I gave this place an average rating because I didn't ask for the best meal in the house...It was about 4:30pm and my wife and I were informed that we could choose from the Early Bird selection...Ok....good price...I'll go for a burrito plate..".what kind of beef do I want???' shredded or ground...I should of known then that i was in trouble...My wife played it safe and had a cheese enchilada, rice and beans plate...She liked the beans and salad and said that her meal was good...she on the other hand didn't see me gagging on the shredded beef...I tried...I really tried and I did finish my plate...understand please...I can handle vienna sausages, pickled pigs feet,menudo(red and white) but the shredded beef (possibly from Argentina?) made me make make funny faces...I'll be back in several months and try again..

• Visited March 2014
Sagle, Idaho
“Not disappointed”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent service. Friendly and helpful staff who clarified menu items and made suggestions. Prices were slightly higher than other comparable establishments. We went for lunch which was tasty and served hot. I had the chicken and rice burrito which had more rice than chicken. My companion had chile verde which was a little fatty. We will return to try other menu items. Very colorful and festive Mexican decor.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Beconthego
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Lunch with a new friend”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I thought I was in Mexico when I walked into this restaurant with a new friend. Service was quick, friendly and informative. The decor was so colorful that I was immediately excited and decided to try something new to eat. I got brave and ordered a Mexican fish dish....it was delicious. My friend ordered tacos and they were beautiful which she stated were yummy. To add to our meals we had margaritas --- yum and of course too full to consider dessert....so we took home leftovers and vowed to try something new again soon.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank nanceb1439
Clermont, Florida, United States
“one of our favorite restaurants”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

we love the atmosphere, food is always great and the best of all, the people that work there, all are awesome!!!

• Visited October 2013