OK, here's the deal. This is our second stay at Summer Bay Resort Orlando. The resort is nicely located near Disney, just a short drive down 192. The grounds are well kept, with the exterior of the building in good shape. The rooms are clean (ours was a two bedroom) with all the amineties, kitchen, washer/dryer etc. The couch and lounge chair were in need of replacing (worn and tears in the fabric), but the rest is in good condition. Now, here's the rub. If your trading in for a stay that's fine. If your going for a sales presentation, DON'T. The sales staff is well versed in the art of deception. Not by using outright lies, but by using the turn of the phrase. Our experience goes like this. We have been owners for over 30 yrs. at our resort. It was bought out by Summer Bay several years ogo. We were contacted by Summer Bay for a weeks stay under the guise of an owner's update, and could pick any Summer Bay resort. No tour, no sales pitch, just telling us that the Summer Bay Resorts were bought by another concern. We could ask questions, and make some suggestions on things we might like to see changed. We told them up front we were not interested in any purchases, no problem we were told. We picked this one because we wanted to go see the Mouse again. Well, we knew that what we had been told went south after a few minutes. The whole affair was once again a sale pitch. Of course with a turn of the phrase, they tell us it's not. But, if it walks like a duck, you guessed it. Even after telling them the deal we were sold, the art of the sale continued.The sales staff couldn't have been sweeter until they found that we were good to our word, no purchase was in their future. From Dr. Jekyell to Mr. Hyde we went. And, being a retired LEO, homey don't play that. So, terror of terror's we were told that since we didn't buy the pig in the poke, we will be blacklisted (my word) from tours at Summer Bay ever again. My therapist says with ten more visits, and the right meds I should be released soon. Please be warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts Florida/Clermont