We just returned from a trip to Orlando, to Disney World and we stayed at the Villas at Summer Bay Resort in Clermont. We got this condo through the Armed Force Vacation Club. We stayed from Sunday May 3 – Saturday May 9th. We arrived around 7:30 pm and checked in at the Clubhouse. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly and efficient. As we were leaving we were chased down by the RCI rep that wanted us to sit through a time share briefing for a $100 gift card. We declined politely. We got one more call during the week but also declined. We were given directions to our Villa. We were in Building 108. I couldn’t tell how old the building was. We had a two bedroom villa and we had 4 adults and 2 children, ages 4 and 2. We were on the 3rd floor but there was an elevator so that was no problem. This villa had two bedrooms – one with a king bed and bath attached and another bedroom with two twin beds and a bathroom across the hall. The king bed we slept on was excellent. It also had a full kitchen, and a stacked washer and dryer. It had a dining room/kitchen table and a couch and two chairs. The bedrooms and living room all had TV’s. The one in the living room also had a DVD player but we could not get it to work. The two TVs in the bedroom didn’t work the first night but a call to maintenance the following day got them working. The kitchen appliances were all new and we did not see any bugs in the condo. There were lots of Florida “love bugs” outside, but they were everywhere, including the Disney parks. The villa was clean as far as the kitchen and bathrooms. But, the carpet in this villa was dirty with all kinds of spots and spills on it. I don’t think it’s been steam cleaned or changed out in a long, long, time. The upside to that is that I didn’t have to worry about the kids spilling drinks or food on it. The tile floors in the entrance way, the bathrooms and the kitchen had something on them (maybe wax). They were very slippery. The two year old fell down in her bare feet more than once just walking on them. The door to the condo locked, however if you pushed down on the handle from the inside, the door opened. We had to watch the 2 and 4 year old constantly to make sure they didn’t let themselves out the door. The toilet seats in both bathrooms slid back and forth. Even though maintenance said they replaced one, it still moved. I didn’t bother to call it back in. There is no maid service at this place. Some places offer a mid week towel and sheet exchange, but Summer Bay charges $50 for this so just be prepared to do some towel laundry. They don’t provide any extra towels. The clubhouse pool was a wonderful amenity. The kids loved it since it was heated. They also have a white sand beach near the lake and the kids loved playing in the sand. They have lots of activities including miniature golf, tennis, and activities inside for the kids. Internet service can be paid for or you can sit in the clubhouse and use your laptop or Ipad free. They also have a business center that charges 20 cents a minute for internet. If you need to get on the internet briefly, then that’s not a problem. But the service for a week at the condo is $40. They also have a kids water park that looked like a lot of fun, but the water is not heated. We were about ¼ - ½ mile from the pool/clubhouse. We walked several times, but if you want something close to where you are staying, then don’t stay in the villas. In the middle of summer, the villas are fine for the kids water park. So, bottom line is that I won’t go back to this resort. The villas are too small and if all the carpet is like this one, then I won’t stay there again. I have heard that the condos at this resort are much nicer, but I didn’t see them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts Florida/Clermont