I would have rated this resort as an average but my daughter and I came as guests of my significant other's annual family vacation. And we really did enjoy ourselves. The resort grounds are beautiful, but I felt there was a little nickle and diming. I mean, $12 a day per child for playing on a few inflatable rafts on a lake is a bit much. Maybe half that amount, if you had to charge, considering most people coming here are families and have a number of children. We had a party of 18 - again, almost half were children and they certainly didn't want to spend an entire day on the lake. That's one thing. Another is that for the amount of people we had, we rented four 2-3 bedroom units. Two of the three bedroom lockouts were really nice, clean and sunny. However, comparing those to the two bedroom units at the villas we had across the street was, as one staff member informed us, like comparing round steak to a filet. Hmmm, a bit of truth there, although we in the villa units really preferred our room layouts more than the newer models. One complaint: The villa units, at least ours, had a musty smell everytime you entered the room...maybe it was the carpet. Our villa also seemed a tiny bit rundown, albeit clean. We did take advantage of the free shuttles to DisneyWorld, although it would have been nice to have a second shuttle or bigger bus available as there were quite a number of people waiting and there's only so much standing room available, especially travelling the 9 or so miles to Disney. The resort staff was pleasant and accommodating, One other complaint: in booking these rooms, we were under the earlier impression that the zip-lining, rock climbing, etc. addition to the resort would be completed by June 9th. That was not the case...in fact, it doesn't even appear that the ground hasn't even been broken to complete this newest phase. This laissez faire attitude continues onto the poolside activites such as dueling pianos. Yes, it rained as it does each night we were there, but couldn't the resort have a Plan B to assure a safe covering or alternate site for these nightly activities? Just a thought. All in all, and despite these few setbacks, we really did enjoy our stay. BTW the flat screen TV's are great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts Florida/Clermont