I stayed here for my first-ever trip to Florida, and will never set foot in the state again as a result!
My sister got a "gift" from a friend, which entitled her to one week at this dump. I suppose you get what you pay for! The clientele is a bit ragged, the rooms had paper-thin walls (we stayed in the villas), and the staff was, for the most part, not very accommodating. Cleanliness was also an issue.
We had a family with raucous children above us, and they ran and jumped around for hours at a time, starting very early in the morning, and continuing very late at night. We called to complain, and the best they were able to do is tell us that since we were from the Bronx, we shouldn't be so bothered by the noise, which this staffer assumed was common to Bronxites.
We were lured into a timeshare presentation that was supposed to last 90 minutes, but went on and on and on for three hours, at which point I begged out. We were given a buffet lunch, which was pretty nasty frozen food style salsbury steaks, powdered mashed potatoes, and some wicked canned mixed vegetable stuff. We were promised a break on tickets to various theme parks in Orlando, but when we used the certificates, they did not give the amount of days we were told they did, and wound up wasting a lot of vacation time to save pennies.
I arrived a couple of days early and stayed at a Hojo's down the road. It was a much better experience. And a lot cleaner!
I could go on and on listing all of the problems we had here, but it's just not worth the time and effort to type out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts Florida/Clermont