“Great family resort”

and 1 more site!
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed 26 January 2006

We have been owners at Summer Bay Resort since 2000. We have returned each and every year since then , and refer it to "our winter retreat". Our teenagers can not wait to go back and enjoy the pools, basketball and the freedom to enjoy a gated resort.

We have requested "our unit" next to the lake and every year so far, the staff has granted our request. How we love sitting on the balcony and relaxing with a beverage. But we are within eye distance of the main pool to keep an eye on those teenagers.

Just a short walk out of the main gates is a shopping area with a library ( internet access ), pizza shop, grocery store and restuarant. They resort also provides free transportation bus to Disney World. Which allows the kids to get a head start on the parks, before we join them for the evening.

As time shares go - we love Summer Bay Resort - we use one week there and trade our other week. And what trading power if you plan ahead. We have been to Vegas, Cape Cod, Lake Tahoe, Virginia Beach, Hilton Head.

• Stayed: February 2005
15  Thank JRuane4985
Write a ReviewReviews (9,914)

Reviewed 25 January 2006

just got back jan 22/06-would stay again and again!!soo much for kids and we didn't have any with us-rooms are large-master bedroom of two bedroom unit was heaven!!-room was so clean i walked right into slider door-pools were all warm for jan.-resort staff very polite-with disney tix soo expensive we didn't see need for a family to do much else but stay at summer bay

5  Thank toesinthesand55
Reviewed 24 January 2006

I was first ripped off by an e-mail deception -- that I've won $1000.
But it was an amount off a Orlando vacation package from Summer Bay Resorts.
Extreme high pressure with misrepresentations or deletion of charges and other conditions were applied.
They hook you by low-priced hotel and other accommodations -- then say 5 days 4 nights Cancun. Sounds great.
However, two weeks later when I received the offical contract (Terms and Conditions which supersedes anything the salesperson may have said) I found out that transportation to Cancun, and extra $15 per night reservation fees were extra! The salesperson said it was for 24 months -- but the policy said only 18 months with booking within a year. I tried to cancel -- but it was too late according to them.

Their phone vacation "contract" is illegal because their "Terms and Conditions" supersedes it and their $15 per night reservation fees was not mentioned in the phone pitch. (The first guy at the cancellation office stated it was a tax -- not a fee!) Clearly a deception if not outright case of fraud.

With all the extra demands and conditions which weren't mentioned by the phone salesperson -- I demanded they refund the money.
"No way", the woman superviser later said, "It's yours!"

No way am I going to Summer Bay Resorts after their deception. If I don't get satisfaction through Master Card, I'm going to the BBB, the tourist bureau and the Attorney General in both Florida and NJ.

JJR

Stayed: December 2005
58  Thank jackxx
Reviewed 24 January 2006

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo in August at Summer Bay in Orlando, Florida. We were about 10 minutes from Disney. Really enjoyed the condo and was more than I expected. There were multiple pools in each area. The place was clean and friendly. Many things to do, including putt putt golf, although some of the extras will cost you. The condo was spacious and clean. Washer and Dryer and 2 bathrooms. The furniture was nice and we liked having a kitched stocked with supplies (not food) for cooking. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place. We are even considering a timeshare here. THey are doing a lot of renivating so I would expect some even nicer stuff.

22  Thank lori b
Reviewed 13 January 2006

I stayed here for my first-ever trip to Florida, and will never set foot in the state again as a result!

My sister got a "gift" from a friend, which entitled her to one week at this dump. I suppose you get what you pay for! The clientele is a bit ragged, the rooms had paper-thin walls (we stayed in the villas), and the staff was, for the most part, not very accommodating. Cleanliness was also an issue.

We had a family with raucous children above us, and they ran and jumped around for hours at a time, starting very early in the morning, and continuing very late at night. We called to complain, and the best they were able to do is tell us that since we were from the Bronx, we shouldn't be so bothered by the noise, which this staffer assumed was common to Bronxites.

We were lured into a timeshare presentation that was supposed to last 90 minutes, but went on and on and on for three hours, at which point I begged out. We were given a buffet lunch, which was pretty nasty frozen food style salsbury steaks, powdered mashed potatoes, and some wicked canned mixed vegetable stuff. We were promised a break on tickets to various theme parks in Orlando, but when we used the certificates, they did not give the amount of days we were told they did, and wound up wasting a lot of vacation time to save pennies.

I arrived a couple of days early and stayed at a Hojo's down the road. It was a much better experience. And a lot cleaner!

I could go on and on listing all of the problems we had here, but it's just not worth the time and effort to type out.

• Stayed: August 2005
29  Thank teachernthehood
A TripAdvisor Member
gold coast austraia
Reviewed 11 January 2006

I rang to book a great holiday deal on the internet from australia. Summer bay holidays then took money off my credit card without permission with no reservations or details whatsoever. then told me to not to be upset about it. no refund from alan robinson. if this has happened to anyone else email me dotnixo@hotmail.com.au. i would love to hear other stories.

• Stayed: December 2005
39  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 January 2006

I believe that this review will not make it on to the site and if it does will not be on the site for long. But i felt it pertinenet that I warn other posiible usesrs of this company of the rude service that I have recived.
Not only will no-one assist you if they feel the company may loose money somehoow but they are personally rude when speaking to you. I Myself work in a call centre and am aware of the ettiquette involved. I was absolutely disgusted when I was told that I could not finish what I was was saying as the reresentraive did not want to hear it. I was also then placed through to a supposed senior manager who advised that I could not load a complaint as he felt the information I was giving was not pertaining to the situation. I was also advised that my query would be investigated when I spoke to the exact same persona a week later he told me that he had no idea what I was talking about. This company will tell you anything to get their hands on your money and get you off the phone and when you ring to confirm details they will advise that it was incorrect and they are sorry. This is selling products to customer's under false pretences and is against the law. I suggest if you are having problems with this company to contact your local Ombudsman as the company in no way will assist. If this is how this compnay treats customer's who are not in their country I dread to think of their behaviour in their own country. This compnay cares only about money and not the customer. I advise all who can to think very hard aout taking offers up as if they cant be bothered with you on the phone I doubt they will be bothered on your holiday. I have never been treated with such disrespect when speaking with an Australian Company. I feel sorry for other Amnerican Compnaies as this compnay gives you the feeling that all American Compnaies are rude unhelpful money hungry nasty little people. I advise form the horror experince that I have had that you cut any ties with this company as your holiday will not be a pleasant experience.

Stayed: January 2006
39  Thank Carolyn W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Crown Club Inn Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Quality Inn Maingate West
#7 of 17 in Clermont
Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee
Hampton Inn & Suites Clermont

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!