“You wont find better food or service”
Review of Cast Iron Grille - CLOSED

Cast Iron Grille
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Made a detour to see the country side and ran across Cast Iron Grille, What a surprise the food was excellent, huge shrimp and the Jerk Sauce was like a 5 star restaurant. Worth the drive. i lock it in my GPS

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Food is just amazing, huge portions, excellent prices. The owner is very friendly she goes above and beyond to make sure everything is to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

A little bit off the beaten path, but well worth the trip! This is some of the best southern BBQ and The Best Jerk food around! If you like authentic Caribbean food and or BBQ you cant go wrong. The food is always freshly prepared and there are plenty of options from a great burger to amazing Ox tail. This is a casual/local family restaurant within a gas station plaza, But not a drive by! The portions are very good you will not leave hungry.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Service: Excellent!!! The owner goes above and beyond to ensure that you are truly satisfied and will frequently check in to ensure you are enjoying your meal.

Food: The food is excellent and very large portions are served. The ribs are a must if you are to ever visit. their jerk BBQ sauce is excellent on EVERYTHING. My wife had the pulled pork sandwich and loved it, I had the ribs and chicken combo with the jerk bbq sauce, my son had the burger which was HUGE and tasty, my brother had the ribs with mashed potatoes and mac n cheese and my daughter had cheese fries. The drinks were also great I would recommend trying the hibiscus juice as it is unique and sweet.

Value: See above.... :)

Atmosphere: Cozy and homely, nothing to fancy or 5 star but suitable enough for a family to enjoy themselves. They have a karaoke machine available and will gladly turn it on if you're into that.

Unfortunately they were closed for the month of January. I saw a few posts that gave negative reviews because of this and although I can understand the frustration, a simple call to the restaurant would have easily saved them a wasted trip. There were posts on their facebook page and her voicemail gave updates when ever we called. This is not a huge restaurant chain and I would normally call before heading anywhere out of the norm to confirm everything is in order. (But that's just me)

Reviewed 31 January 2013

So we bought a livingsocial to go here that expired on January 29th. We went the weekend before and they are closed until February. Terrible business decision! All those people with the livingsocials were jipped out of using them! We were so upset that we drove 45 min each way for nothing! Luckily livingsocial refunded our money when we called to complain.

Caribbeangonecountry, Owner at Cast Iron Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Being a new restaurant can be very challenging at times especially if you are leasing commercial space to run your restaurant. In the month of January our landowner had issues with their well and had various repairs that were being done and we unfortunately had no choice but to close during those repairs. We posted updates on our Facebook, on our voice mail and door entry to our restaurant. We honored each and every coupon regardless of the expiration date and offered additional free appetizers and drinks for all customers that were inconvenienced during the repair period. We take our reviews and service very seriously. Our customer comments and feedback are the heart of our business.