“It was okay”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

The room was clean and we were on the property of Summer Bay Resort and was able to enjoy all the benefits of the resort. My problem was with the air conditioner I don't know if it was just in my room or in all but it stayed running very loud through the whole night and I couldn't shut it off I tried hiring the temperature thinking it would shut off but it didn't I just started getting hot so I'm guessing the fan was just constantly running. I usually could sleep through anything and I did eventually fall asleep but I woke up with a headache I think it was due to the noise of the air. Also the walls are super thin on one side I could hear a baby crying through the night and either on the other side or across the hall I could hear a mother constantly fussing at the kids. I am very family friendly and can tolerate a lot so I'm not just being picky with the noise I actually think nothing is greater than hearing kids laughing. The room itself was nice clean and big the bed was advertised as a king but it wasn't it was though big enough for us. Overall it was decent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

We were only staying 2 nights while visiting Disney. The positives are excellent service, tasty complimentary breakfast, nice clean room and great value close to Disney. There were 4 of us in one suite; 2 adults, 2 small children (2 and 9 months). This was our very first family vacation. I wasn't sure how my 2 year old would sleep on the pull out sofa beside us and ended up having to lie with him until he fell asleep. I ended up dozing off too. I have to say it was the most comfortable sofa bed I have ever slept on. I was like sleeping on a down filled pillow! My husband found that the a/c unit by the bed was way too loud and it disrupted his sleep all night. The next night I slept in the bed as my son crashed out no problem on his own and all night I was thinking I should have slept with him again. The main king size bed was hard as a rock. I also did not like that the tv was in a wall unit at the bottom of the bed and you couldn't really see it from the sitting area. With a baby it was a nice feature for the room to have a mini fridge and microwave. Overall the room was nice and clean and a good size for us for our short stay. My only other complaint was I wish the kiddie pool with the slides etc was open earlier. We planned to have some pool time before leaving for Disney at 11am but the pool was not open nor was it heated. They had a shuttle driver take us over to the heated clubhouse pool which was lovely anyway.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rydalot
Lake City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

The best trip we have done in over 10 years what a great hotel resort. They have 5 pools, all Kid Friendly, miniature golf, boat rentals, waive runners and so much more right on the property. our second trip here and this was just as great as the first time.

Room Tip: 5 pools, miniature golf, boat rentals, waive runners and so much more right on the property. our sec...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Perfect place for families! The pictures don't do this place justice, I was way more impressed when I saw it in person. Something for everyone, friendly staff, beautiful grounds. I would definitely recommend and stay again! Free breakfast with eggs, sausage, fresh bagels, cereals, and more. The room we had on the 4th floor was perfect for me and my wife and our 2 kids ages 14 and 5. The hotel is in Summers Bay Resort and you are allowed to use all the amenities the resort has to offer. They have their own beach with boat rental as well as Jet skis. The water-park is amazing for kids and yes us big kids that want to get soaked as well. There is always open chairs with umbrellas to keep shaded. They have a miniature golf area as well as a rock climbing area. They have a 7.77 resort fee when you check in but it is well worth it. The food is pretty good at Big Kahunas at the back pool area with a HUGE jacuzzi. All in all you can't go wrong with this place. I will be back for sure and I live only 30 minutes away.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are really nice
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CJ14006
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Crown Club Inn for one night in May for business. Honestly I found the hotel through Hotwire, but I was pleasantly surprised. If you are there for vacation there are so many things to do at the hotel that you wouldn't need to venture east to the attractions. There are two pools ( maybe three) a tiki bar, a restaurant complimentary breakfast, a kids water play area and pretty nice rooms. You are actually staying on Summer Bay Resort and have access to all of its amenities. The only thing that was a negative was the wifi was weak in the hotel room. Other than that you can't go wrong here!!!!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank skoteach32
Mark W, General Manager at Crown Club Inn Orlando By Exploria Resorts, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry you had to work. The complimentary WIFI is scheduled to be upgraded in June which should handle the increase in devices being used by our guests.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Not many people spent too much time in their hotel while visiting Disney so why spent a fortune. This was great value. The room was clean, beds comfortable and a great breakfast all inclusive.This was just perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kerpsgirl
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Comfy large rooms with everything you could possibly need. Excellent breakfast to. Very near to Disney and has many features to keep you busy while on sight. Security gate keeps you feeling safe. Great service and a friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank JTinSC811
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
#93 of 152 in Kissimmee
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,467 reviews
WoodSpring Suites Orlando Clermont
Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate

Been to Crown Club Inn Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!