“Interesting menu, great decor”
Review of The Crooked Spoon

The Crooked Spoon
Ranked #11 of 219 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great, gastropub menu that changes frequently with chalkboard specials. Pleasantly surprised to find a gastropub do great fish dishes. Huge selection of micro-brews on tap, although I wish they offered a few more wine choices. Family friendly, and great decor inside. A great addition to Central Florida.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The food was lovely, all made from scratch and interesting combinations. Not the cheapest but a case of you get what you pay for, I think. For the guys there were 19 different micro-brewery beers on tap – that pleased the old fella, since he doesn’t rate US beer very much.
As well as the printed menu there was also a number of items on a daily specials blackboard, according to the chef, whatever is seasonal and looks good at the suppliers/market.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Good lord the food here is good. I can't adequately out it into words. We walked in on a Saturday night and got a table immediately. The wait staff was beyond helpful. The only con here is that the menu is so amazing that its hard to choose what to eat. I settled on the Pork Belly BLT. Amazing is the only description. My friends got the 420 burger they are known for and it's out of this world!!!!! There's candied bacon on it people!!! Need I say more. We got chicken and waffles as an appetizer and it was a flavor explosion in my mouth! We enjoyed this restaurant so much we went back the next day for lunch!!!!! The dessert menu is unique and divine! Offerings include monkey bread pudding, popcorn ice cream sundae, cannolis and more. I can not recommend this restaurant enough!

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 745pm for dinner and was told a 15 minute wait. Standing by the podium it was apparent that nobody knew how to run or manage tables. 6+ tables were empty and 6 employees (no joke) standing at the podium trying to figure out how to setup tables.

Needless to say 25 mins later we walked out. We told the podium that we were leaving and they said "have a nice evening"

Good Luck. Too bad many a restaurant closes due to poor management.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

First attempt to go was about a month ago. Came in Saturday night around 8:45pm -hour and a half wait for a table. I understand it is prime-time in Times Square, but I figured it would be rather cleared out in Clermont by then. Went instead to Sonny's. Tried back for lunch the next day- showed up just past 2:00pm, 45 minute wait. The group of two in front of us asked if they could have a seat at one of the empty tables and they were told they could but not to expect any service for a half hour due to problems in the kitchen. Not what anyone standing in the doorway wanted to hear. Went to Taco Bell.

Fast forward a month, let the opening jitters work themselves out. Went in this Sunday for lunch, no wait and plenty of tables. Decor was nice, but they had all the specials written on a chalkboard that was only visible from a few tables near the kitchen. Our waitress was kind enough to walk over to the blackboard, review the selections, and enlighten us of the choices.

Menu was fine. Diverse choices with some odd ingredients- for example raspberry chipotle BBQ sauce, with the gastropub moniker, it was what I expected.

Food took a while for a lunch order, but not unreasonable. Food was great when it arrived- a bit too salty for my taste, but quite good. Kettle chips were good, portion size was enough for two. Our drinks were empty more than they were full (perhaps the reason the food felt so salty?), and refills seemed at the bottom of the priority list.

Also half the TV's were off with football scattered around the rest. When I asked about turning one of the games on, the off TV's remained off and the TV that was playing ESPN was changed. Why not throw it on one of the TV's that were showing the 'DirectTV' logo?

Anyway, I'd go back. Hopefully by this time next year the front of the house will match the back of the house.