“Hopefully the last time”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #120 of 198 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mexican, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Groveland
“Hopefully the last time”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stop at Chili's maybe once a year or so, and usually because I forgot how bad the food is. We were in the mood for a burger and Chili's was the first place we came up on, so after some hesitation, decided to give it another try. Positives...the place was clean and service was good. Negatives...everything else. We did their 2 for $20 deal with burgers and onion/jalapeno stack for appetizer. The appetizer was a bit greasy as could be expected, but the salt content was through the roof, nearly inedible. I don't know if the batter was over-salted or the cook just dumped a bunch on before serving, but it was terrible. The burgers weren't good either, tough and dry as was the bun. I told my wife if I ever mention going to Chili's again she should back-hand me across the head to jog my memory of hopefully our last time there.

• Visited June 2014

Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
“Okay for a quick meal”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The food here was really pretty good. The server was very nice and polite, almost to a fault. He was very loquacious. Too much so. But he did explain the new system they have for paying your bill with a table top, wireless mini-kiosk machine. It is an interesting idea, but it did not work for us after numerous attempts. Trying to pay our bill and get out of there wound up being a tremendous chore. For this reason, I would not go back again.

• Visited May 2014
Clermont, Florida
“Queso leaves a little to be desired”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean, friendly servers, but the Queso was terrible. I went for my birthday with a coupon for free app or dessert so I chose the Queso. Very disappointed. Live and learn. Everything else was Delish

• Visited May 2014
Bangor
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We called in here on way back from theme park. Had already been to one of the Longhorns and waiting time was over an hour and this was already past 8 and kids were getting ratty.
I ran in and the waitress told me that it was at least an hour wait. They were expecting 25 cheerleaders at 830 and this was the reason. I negotiated with her that I could get all 8 of our party sitting in 10 mins and ordered by 830 and she agreed to let us in.
Service was brilliant with a guy going round making animals out of balloons for the kids. Menu is typical American diner and did take a wee bit longer but this didnt matter because the waitress kept topping up soft drinks for free and taking orders for beers!
Food was ok when it came. Steak was a little tasteless but not bad.
We meant to go back at an earlier time but did not make it.
Will be back next time!

• Visited April 2014
Essex
“Not great!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Not a great American dinning experience unfortunately. Staff seemed under pressure from the off. Empty tables with plates stacked and not too clean, was expecting more from this chain.
Server did his best but food wasn't great although they did try to do something.
Would go back if someone said they had improved but for the time being will try elsewhere.

Visited April 2014